The Night | Kevin | Mike

Sitting by the window Mike peeked outside into the dark,windy, November night. The trees made it almost impossible to see anything and the moon was hidden well behind thick clouds.

An even thicker fog had ridden up from the earth,leaving the camper he and Kevin were staying at in surrounded by icy mist.

"Thanks for bringing me with you, Iv never been hunting before!" He expected to be in tent using spears and hand made bow and arrows! And while Kevin did have those hung up on the wall, he preferred to have a big clean space to do his hunting.

"Heh, Glad yah decided to come with! Always fun to have company over!" He grinned at the acrobat.

Mike pulled his giant sweater tighter around his body, the camper Kevin usually rented wasn't all.....well it was a mess to say the least.The people before never took care of it so it was often littered with beer cans,cigarettes and a bunch of un savory items he didn't want to touch nor name.

Looking out the window Mike could see another Coyote run through the dark before stopping and slinking twoards him. The light from the camper illuminated its face as it got closer,just as curious of Mike and he it.

"Awww,hi little guy" Mike smiled at it.

" 'nother deer came to say hello?"

"Nah,it's a coyote!" The brown coyote suddenly stood on its hind legs,silver eyes glinting from the trailers light.

"Hey looks it's standing on it's hind legs now!" Mike laughed.Kevin stopped fixing his shot gun and thought for a moment. Deers and bucks stood on their hind legs, he'd never seen a coyote stand on it's rears before.

Now Mike didn't know everything about animals but he knew some deer could stand on hind legs to fight each other,it was normal,it was nature. That's when the coyote did something that made the blood in his veins freeze.

"Mike? Yall right?" Kevin could see just how stiff the blond was. Just what had he seen that had sacred him so bad? "Mike?"

"....Kevin....Heheh...why does the Coyote know my name?"

Kevin gripped his gun tightly,"Mike...close the window" The blond swallowed and slowly closed it. Backing away he met Kevin at the large folding table and sat down,shaking,hard.

Kevin placed a finger to his lips and grabbed another gun from its drawn, placed the heavy weapon in the blonds hand and muttered as low as possible into the younger man's ear.

"If anything happens,save the last bullet for yourself"

Mike gripped the handle harder and sat in the corner of the van. He thanked God that the night was relatively peaceful! save for the non-stop scratching at the door.