Sayonara Too Soon

A sad headcanon featuring Trans!Yuuji.

                       ______________

Sukuna stared at the hollow figure on the bed, squeezing the hand that was all but bones in his own hands.

Yuuji was his world. From childhood, he looked after her. Even after their parents and grandfather  suddenly died, he still took care of her.

He did things he wasn't proud of to ensure that she had a chance of a good life. All he wanted from her was her bright and sunny smile welcoming him back. 

Even when Yuuji decided that she was a woman and wanted to transition at the age of nineteen, he supported her fully.

Yuuji, now age twenty-three, was supposed to be in school, not here, breathing her last.

Cancer. Brain to be precise.

Sukuna did all he could, going to great lengths to get the money for her surgery, but he came too late.

There was no way they could save her now.

Even on her death bed, Yuuji still gave him that sunny smile, making him promise that he would take care of himself when she was gone.

How could he when she would leave him in this bleak world all alone and without the light he grew up with? The light that had always kept him warm and happy during hard times.

As the machine finally flat lined and Yuuji's hand went slacked in his, Sukuna felt his heart go hollow with despair. He took her hand up to his lips and laid a kiss on it before placing it on his forehead.

He had been holding it in and he could no longer bottle it up.

With a wail, he began to sob, pleading at the still warm corpse on the bed to come back. Because in the end, he couldn't truly live without her.