Beyond The Dark Tunnel

A short headcanon filled with light angst😪😪

Day 2 of Sukuita Week 2021. Prompt: Drugs

Ryoumen Sukuna/Itadori Yuuji

                    ________________

Sukuna gazed around the beautiful scenery, face blanked and red eyes staring around with disinterest.

Flowers with nauseating aromas and irritating colors spread across the land which had people on it. Some were on wheelchairs, others sitting on the grass floor. Some of them were either doing some kind of activity, others just sat alone. He took notice of the Nurses spread around, all keeping their eyes on the patients.

His eyes settled on the Nurse before him once again when she abruptly stopped, making him halt in his steps as well.

"There he is, Mr. Ryoumen." She said, gesturing at a stock-still figure sitting on the marble bench all alone, and staring out into the horizon. "He has been like this for a week now and we don't know why. He has been making progress after two months of his stay, so we're surprised that he has withdrawn into himself once again." She said with a sad frown.

Sukuna heaved a sigh under his breathe. "I know why."

The Nurse snapped her head to stare up at him. "You do?"

"An anniversary is coming up, and from all account, it ain't a cheery one." He replied, his expression impassive.

The Nurse winced, understanding what he meant. "Oh..." She trailed off. "No- now that you're here, can you please plead with him to eat? It feels wrong to force him to eat through an IV. He needs to eat the assigned meals in order to take his medications, and he has already missed some doses."

"I see." Sukuna heaved a sigh under his breathe once again. "Prepare a meal to be brought to us. I'll make sure he eats."

The Nurse's eyes lit up in relief. "Thank you very much!" She placed her hands before her and gave a bow.

Sukuna inclined his head at her before making his over to pink haired figure, his right hand in his pocket. He gently sat on the bench, staring straight into the horizon.

"You're looking better than last time, Gaki.

Sukuna's deep voice brought Yuuji back to the present, and the teen blinked owlishly before turning his neck to face him. "Suku...nii?" 

Sukuna turned his head and gave his younger brother a small, soft smile. "Yo."

Tears began to prickle at the corner of Yuuji's eyes and the teen threw himself at Sukuna. The older of the two wrapped his arm around him, brows furrowing a little as he felt Yuuji's ribs through his shirt.

"You stopped eat. Why?"

"I'm sorry..." Yuuji whispered, clenching Sukuna's suit jacket tight.

The man sighed before reaching down and placing a kiss on Yuuji's head. "I've told you times without number that none of this is your fault. This was beyond your control, and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to-"

Yuuji raised his head abruptly and he looked up at Sukuna with a frown. "Suku-nii shouldn't apologize! I caused this!" The teen gave a sad smile and looked down. "If only I wasn't so naive and stupid... I wouldn't be here...  being a burden to Suku-nii..."

Sukuna took hold of his chin and angled his slightly gaunt face to look into his eyes. "You're not a burden, brat. Besides, this is my way of apologising to you for not being there when you clearly needed me. If I was, and not after money, I'd have prevented this." He released Yuuji's chin and placed his palm on his hollow cheek, internally wincing when he felt Yuuji's cheek bone through his hollow cheek.

Yuuji placed his palm on the back of Sukuna's hand, closing his eyes and sighing at the warmth the calloused palm brought. He opened his eyes and looked up at the tattooed man with love struck eyes.

Sukuna leaned down and pulled the teen into a chaste kiss, which Yuuji reciprocated. 

As promised, the Nurse came back, pushing a trolley with food and drinks, along with Yuuji's medications.

Sukuna fed his brother, giving him a warm smile and praising the teen everytime he took a spoon full of food. He managed to finish half of his meal but that was enough. Sukuna watched as the teen drowned his medication before he himself dug into his own food. The Nurse took the dishes away, giving Sukuna a bow before leaving.

The two brothers sat on the bench until sunset, Yuuji lying on Sukuna's lap and dozing off in a light slumber.

Even though he was nothing but skin and bones, he looked beautiful and peaceful.