Unseeing Vortex

A short headcanon featuring KOC!Sukuna and his bride to be Yuuji.

Day 2 of Sukuita Week 2021. Prompt: Cuddling

Ryoumen Sukuna/Itadori Yuuji

                   _________________

Amber eyes stared with awe at the beautiful sight above, the jewels sparkling with joy and amazement.

Stars, all bright and beautiful - shining in the dark and solitary vortex that was space and the unending night sky - reflected in those unique ambers shining with a bit of red. Their owner, who was dressed in a red and black kimono with an obi around his waist, stared with a bright and happy facial expression on his face.

Yuuji spread his arms wide and closed his eyes. He breathed in and exhaled loudly, enjoying the soft breeze that carressed him. The leaves of the trees, the flowers and grass danced along with his clothes as he relished in the gift - all be it temporarily - bestowed unto him.

"Oi. Gaki."

The little boy's eyes snapped opened and he snapped his head to the direction of that familiar deep voice in the moon bright night. "Sukuna sama!"

The King of Curses, all in his unholy,  muscular three meters glory, was slowly walking over to him. Uraume, who was standing few feets behind Yuuji, bowed deeply to their Master.

Yuuji ran over to Sukuna and raised his arms up. Sukuna cocked a brow and Yuuji just sent a grin his way. 

With a sigh, Sukuna bent down and picked the boy up by his armpits with his upper sets of hands, and sat him on a shoulder.

Comfortable on his Master's shoulder, Yuuji continued to look at the star filled sky, taking in every detail.

An hour later, Yuuji's sight began to go dull. Everywhere started to get dim until finally, it all grew dark. The boy let out a sob, drawing Sukuna's attention.

"It would seem the spell has ended, Ryoumen sama." Uraume announced with a bow of their head.

The King heaved a sigh before he maneuvered Yuuji into a bridal style carry in his upper arms. "Don't cry, brat. I'll find a way to make your sight permanent, that I assure you."

Yuuji, who had tears streaming down from his lifeless and dull unseeing eyes nodded, looking up at where he guessed was Sukuna's face. "Promise?" He asked in a timid voice filled with sadness and hope.

"On my soul."

The child nodded again, smiling shakenly at the Curse. He wiped his tears from his face before placing his head on Sukuna's chest, a palm on the Curse's large chest, feeling his slow heartbeat. 

"Thank you, Suku."

"Rest, Yuuji. You have had a long day."

The child hummed before shutting his eyes. Sukuna's warm body heat and the gentle breeze carrassing them lured him to sleep, his trust on Sukuna strong and unshaking that the Curse will protect him no matter what.