Starry Night

A sad AF headcanon featuring Yuuji crushing after his brother and best friend.

Ryoumen Sukuna/Itadori Yuuji; Fushigoro Megumi/Itadori Yuuji; Ryoumen Sukuna/Fushigoro Megumi.

                      _______________

Amber eyes stared at the happy couple in false glee. They watched as the scowling red haired man gave a small smile at the exasperated dark haired man by his side. Said red haired man felt the stare on him and he turned his face and met the amber eyed stare with his red eyes.

Yuuji grinned brightly at his twin brother, giving him a peace sign. Said twin just huffed and rolled his eyes fondly.

The attention of the two men in suits was soon taken away by others, and like always, Yuuji was forgotten and blended into the crowd.

The bright smile on his lips melted away and his amber eyes dulled, looking empty.

Yuuji walked over to the glass ledge and leaned on it, looking down at the shining lights that was the city at night. He toned out the cheerful noise, escaping into his head.

It wasn't like Yuuji wasn't happy for his brother and best friend on their big day... It was just...

Yuuji was in love with them. Both of them. Strange and disgusting, right?

He and Sukuna had been together, through thick and thin. They only had each other when their parents and grandfather died in a car accident. They only trusted each other and relied on each other.

Yuuji didn't know when he fell in love with his elder brother, but he did. Head first. 

Sukuna was everything Yuuji wasn't. Smart. Handsome. Popular. 

Even though Sukuna was the scary sibling, he was more talented than Yuuji, succeeding in everything that he did.

Sukuna was the Itadori who had a dumb brother as a pest.

Yuuji kept his feelings for Sukuna hidden and unsaid. He always felt the heavy stab in his chest when Sukuna had girlfriends. It always hurt him to see the one he loved so much looking a little bit happy with someone that wasn't him. He has forgotten how many times he curled up in his bed at night and silently cried into the dark room, hugging a pillow to his chest tightly. The next morning, he greeted his brother and everybody with a bright smile.

After high school, Sukuna was offered an admission abroad - as expected. Yuuji saw him off at the airport, willing himself not to pull his brother into a goodbye kiss. He waved Sukuna off, tears prickling at the corner of his eyes.

Yuuji schooled in Japan and then he met Fushigoro Megumi in his class. He friends the young man, who just gazed at him with bemused eyes. Megumi didn't have much friends, so Yuuji, like the good soul he was, tried his hardest in being Megumi's friend. And it paid off.

Soon, the both of them were hanging out, then Nobara joined their gang. The three became best of friends, which made him grin and smile truthfully.

Like Sukuna, Yuuji fell in love with the stoic man. It wasn't until Nobara pointed it out that Yuuji realised that it was true.

Yuuji was afraid that if he told the dark haired man, he'd be rejected and their friendship would be over. He begged Nobara not to say anything, and the woman agreed with a heavy frown.