Chapter 99

The road to become a mother is a bumpy ride.Emotions and situations only mother can understand.Varna had her eyes closed.Cuddled to her son giving him warmth.She has been thinking about how fast time flies.As if it was yesterday she felt first time Pranush touching her.He awakened mother instincts in her.After that day there was never a come back.She massaged his baby curls and kissed his head.

The fever came down now.He had frown in sleep holding her stole tightly.Not even for moment he left her.She made him have some water and hugged him close to her heart.No matter who says what he is her son.Maybe not her blood or flesh.But her heart.The visit of Shivanis friend in morning made day bit dim for her.When she overheard them talking.How Varna should have her own baby now.Completing family.Why cant for once people accept the fact she is Pranushs mother.Is giving birth everything to be a mother.Baby stirred in sleep taking her attention.He was too weak from few days.With cold and fever.Doctor said it was seasonal still his health was concern for them.

Vivaan was having dinner in silence.Shivani was sitting with him.She observed he has been tired working late in these days.And Pranush health was also not keeping well.He looked drained out.

Sh-"You look tired.Vivaan.Must have skipped lunch today also."

V-"Im fine Mom.Pranu is sleeping?"

Sh-"yeah.he is much better today.Doctors also said he will be fine.You both should stop worrying so much now.It happens with kids in this age."

V-"A mothers heart would never understand that.You know right Mom.I had word with doctor too today.He said Pranu is fine."

Shivani understood well why Vivaan said like that.Varna has always been sensitive for Pranush.They all were aware of that.It was obvious too as baby has faced a lot from birth.From three days she has been with Pranush only.Taking care of him not even for single minute leaving him alone.She was avoiding her own health too.

He entered room and found lights dimmed off.Varna was on bed with Pranush.He glanced at duo and went to get changed.After coming back he settled on bed.Saw Pranush clinging on to Varna.He smiled at them and touched his head.Varnas eyes opened and she saw him.He slightly whispered.

V-"Fever has come down now."

Var-"Hmm."

This was type of conversation they had from few days.Not that both had fight or any misunderstanding.It was just a weird silence.Vivaan adjusted pillow behind his back.Pain was getting back sometimes.His face hardened bit but he closed his eyes.Varna shifted Pranush in middle carefully.Pulling covers over him patting his chest.

Vivaan frowned with closed eyes but he felt a touch on his back.As he opened his eyes he could feel her behind him.She was about to touch his back inside shirt.

V-"Let it be.Its fine."

Var-"Its paining."

V-"This pain is nothing.Im.Okay."

One could make out from his face he was in pain.But she could understand why he refused.She stood there with balm on her hand.He saw that and felt bad but he didnt had energy to fight back with his own self today.

V-"Its late.Should catch some sleep before Pranu wakes up."

The lights were switched off.Vivaan opened his eyes staring at ceiling.What went wrong again he couldnt decipher.Why was this happening.He looked at Varna sleeping now.Last few days have been difficult for almost no exchange of words between them.Though Pranushs health have kept them worried and busy.He didnt forget her reaction that night.He never wanted to impose any decision on her in their relationship.But matter here was why was she running away.It wasnt straight denial also.How much he have known her.He could read her face something was troubling her from inside.Only difficulty with her was how she will keep it to herself.