Chapter 50

Priyam fed soup to Varna.Forcefully and made her take medicines.Week has gone by.Her health was getting better.Mentally she was falling.Karuna looked at face.Of Varna and couldnt hold.Herself back from breaking down.Priyam came out of room.Varna was on bed.Not sleeping.Eyes opened lost.

P-"Karuna Akka she is much better.Medicines are doing work.

Please hold yourself."

K-"If you wouldnt have come.I wasnt able to do anything.Priyam this girl.Has lost will.

Cant see her state."

P-"Varna is strong girl.I have my faith.On her."

K-"Here she is sufferring.Pranush also not getting.Discharge from hospital.

He is better now.Talked with them this morning."

Priyam looked back at Varna.Thought of something.Hardly they talked.After she came back.Varna was too weak.Respond to anyone.She was sleeping due.To medicines effect mostly.Pranush condition was better one day.Getting bad another day.Didnt knew how to handle him.Doctors were trying best.

Lata was making Pranush wear clothes.Vivaan entered and sit quietly.He saw his baby.Throwing his hands.Tiny feet and he frowned.Making sounds.Lata kissed him.She noticed Vivaan.Smiled at him.His face has gone worse.Due to stress and worry.He had hard time.Managing everything from week.Day night his sons illness.Worried him.He havent slept for one night.

L-"Vivaan do you know.When you were small.Used to make you wear.Clothes like this.

You made fuss alot.Crying and shouting.Then I had to call.Shivani akka.

Only she could calm you.Its true.Babies can be best.With mother."

Vivaan touched Pranush head.Kissed there.He didnt say anything.Left room and made way outside.Latas words hit him.Was true baby needs mother most.His mother may be right too.On thinking about Pranush well being.But he cant stab his heart.Thoughts have made him worse.Every day and night he sufferred torture.One hand was his baby.Other hand was his life.Turned upside down.He was ready to give life for Pranush.His life cant save his son.What could save him.Can he think.Of going for that.

Few more days passed.Varna was better health wise.Fever have gone.She was sitting.Trying to read book.Felt restless.Making face.Closing book.Priyam massaged her head.She shut her eyes.Holding Priyams hand.

P-"You look better today.Come let me give you.Strong head massage."

V-"Chitti you need rest too.Have been running after me.

Since you came."

P-"If my baby is not well.How can I be rest."

V-"Can I ask you something.Will you give me."

P-"Why not.I can give life.For you.

Anything you want."

V-"Take me with you.For some days.I wished to come.Earlier too.

Please Chitti.I feel suffocated here.First Ramya.Then Shakthi.What did I lack Chitti.

Why did he turn his back.On me."

P-"Varna you have to let go.Life doesnt wait for anyone.We cant live.With grief.

As far as Shakthi.Dont you think.This was meant to happen."

V-"Chitti.What are you saying."

P-"Dont want to raise old.Wounds Varna.Ask your heart.Maybe someday.