Chapter 23

Wedding preparations were on full swing.Priyamwada arrived early morning flight.Ramya and Varna were excited to have her with them after years.Karuna was also happy.Prakash was too busy with preparations and work.

There was a cold relationship between Priyam and him.He never liked her way of living life.He cannot overlook the fact.His children and wife.Have bond with her.She loves them too.

It was taking a toll on Prakash.Managing both office work.Wedding work.He couldnt say it from his mouth.He knew if Varna was there.he wouldnt have to take stress.Both father and daughter were caught with their egos.

Prakash came home one evening.Loosening his tie.Fell down on the sofa in hall room.He could hear the noises.Karuna served him water.

K-"Priyam have arrived.From the time.Both girls have become kids again.Whole day running around.I am glad.She is here.Helping me a lot with the work."

Prakash gave a nod.Looked up stairs.He cant believe his apple of eye will be leaving in days.He didnt give a thought till now.

K-"Prakash.You look stressed."

P-"There is lot of work.And with preparations.I dont know how to manage both.Have talked with the Reddys.They will be here next week.We have very less time left."

K-"Dont worry everything will be done.You take care of your health.

Why dont you ask Varna to join back.She can help you out.Not for full time.She is least interested in shopping.Priyam can accompany Ramya."

Prakash looked undecided.When Karuna touched his shoulder.

P-"Akka.I will think about it."

K-"I know.You will.She is your daughter go talk to her.You cant deny she has been a helping hand to you.Now do you realize."

P-"I never said so.There is this new client.Wants to have meeting with us.That project is very important.Already so much work going on.I dont think i will be able to make time for that.I cant trust anyone with this.If Varna was there she could have.

I will go and freshen up."

Varna was going to kitchen.On the way when she heard the conversation taking place between her father and aunt.She played with the corner of her scarf.Then had some water.

Back at Reddys place.Vivaan came home early.For some reason.He looked at tensed faces of Shivani,Lata,Vikram and Satya.Reyansh looked heavily tensed.Standing with his hands back.Straight which was unlike of him.

V-"I hope I havent entered wrong house.Whats up people."

He had some water.Shivani eyed him.To look at Lata.Satya got up and went to his son.Patting his back.

S-"Our Reyansh wants to get married."

V-"Sounds awesome.So when is the date."

Shivani glared at him.Vikram tried to stiffen his face.He couldnt.Lata shook her head.

V-"Why do you all look so depressed.Rather in tension?He is asking for marriage.Not permission to go on war.Aththai.Didnt you wanted to hear this from him?"

He went to Lata and bent down.On his knees.Having her hands on his.Lata gave an unsure smile.Then looked at her son.Reyansh gave an innocent stare.

L-"He knew her for years.Didnt feel like sharing it with me.Or even his father.Now suddenly he met her after this hiatus and.Wants to get married."

S-"We should be happy he asked for permission Lata.Come on stop being so hypothetical."

Sh-"I think Satya Anna is right.You should consider this.Reyansh is mature enough to take decisions in life."