Chapter 48

Karuna supported Varna taking her to room.She vomited twice.From morning felt weak to move.She fell on bed.Karuna went to call doctor.Prakash already got him.He was examining Varna.

D-"Have told you be careful about her health.Thought only Ramya was allergic few things.

For Varna can see whole list now.Prakash you got twins.How come you.

Never noticed Varna's health.Giving some tests.Get them done."

Doctor left with Prakash.Karuna massaged Varna's head.Tear fell down her eye.She had fever too.She mumbled taking Shakthi's name.Karuna didnt knew what to do.It was difficult make her understand.She prayed if things could mend up.Shakthi was sensible guy.Didnt make sense to her or Prakash.Why such decision was taken by him.

Same evening they were shocked by Shakthi's presence.He talked normally with them.Prakash stayed aloof.Karuna told him about Varna's deteriorating health.He couldnt stop himself.

P-"Akka why did you call him.Think if he ever cared for my daughter.

He is reason for all this."

K-"No Prakash we are wrong.Whatever is happening with Varna.We are cause.

We never tried to understand her.Things ended up like that.Our girl has become.Closed book.

For every single person.Thats why her life is becoming.One sided with no one.

We have to do something.Before its late."

Shakthi touched Varna's hand.Life breathed into her.He was shocked find her in weak state.Her lips quivered.She took his name.Pained his heart.He stole glances at her.Tried cheer her up.She was sitting with him.Karuna sent tea in her room.After keeping silence.

Sh-"Dont ruin yourself Varna

Sh-"Dont ruin yourself Varna.Wont get anything out of it.Think about your Appa.

He has no one besides you.Now you should be thoughtful."

V-"Should be thoughtful.For everyone always.What about me.

Why cant anyone think.I have heart too.Wishes and dreams.I can have too."

Sh-"No one said anything.To you ever.Just that your stubborn nature.

Kept people away from you.Change yourself before.Its late.I was here to see you.

As well inform you."

Varna looked at him.With hopeful eyes.She thought things will be fine with her.With them.When Shakthi stood up.He looked down.Not meeting her eyes.

Sh-"Im moving from here.Visa have come.Wanted to see you.For last time maybe.

Take care Varna.My wishes are with you.For life time."

Karuna stared at dinner plate.Untouched on table.She found Varna packing her bags.She didnt speak word.After Shakthi left.From then has been doing something or other.Fever was still there.Prakash and Karuna were surprised to know.Shakthi was leaving.Wanted to console Varna.But she shocked them too.