Chapter 73

Morning started in Reddy house.With everyone busy.Doing preparations.Weather has been gloomy from early morning.Little windy and it will drizzle any moment.Shivani called out for helpers.Priest will be arriving any time.Half of work was still undone.Nandini and Reyaansh were.Rushing one end to another.Helping with work.Shivani felt tensed.Nothing should go wrong.Today and prayer should be done.In best way.After all this was special.Her eyes became teary.She looked on big picture frame on wall.It was day.A year ago when she left.This house and world.Ramya will forever stay in their hearts.

Vivaan havent slept whole night.His eyes would say that.Shivani opened door to his room.She has seen him once.In early morning.His eyes gave her hint about his condition.Noone tried to.Have word with him since morning.They were aware how.His condition would be.She frowned learning about his absence.Its after much difficulty.He has come out of his grip.That part of his life.They all dreaded to see him.Like that now.Where can he be.

Prakash and Karuna arrived from Chennai.Attend prayers for Ramya.It was first time in this one year.They have come here.Everyone planned to attend this.Together and remember Ramya.They were seated along with others.Nandini sided Shivani one corner.

N-"I went to call Varna.She isnt seen anywhere.I dont think.Shes here."

Sh-"What?First Vivaan went somewhere.Now Varna.Nandu find her.Her family is here."

Vivaan took shower in early morning.Wearing fresh clothes.He saw his son wide awake.On his crib.It was he knew.Today was something special.He picked him up.Asking him to be calm.Seeing Varna still sleeping.Both went out of room.It was still dawn.He kissed Pranush head.Took him somewhere.After sometime both father son.Were settled on sofa.In main hall.Vivaan had his wedding album on hand.He was going through memories.That were still fresh.Pranush was given his bottle.He was calmly having his milk.Same time looking at his father.His eyes looked sad today.Face dull.He tried to ask.Him by keeping his tiny palm on his cheek.Vivaan kissed there.

V-"Your smile still.Makes it hard to believe.You left us.Ramya.You cheated on me.Wish you could have.Cheated death as well."

He shut his eyes.With all pain and sorrows.Hitting him hard from inside.Drop of tear fell down.He heard voice.Frowning opened his eyes.to see Pranushs tinny palm holding his tear.He then tapped on pictures.On album.Getting excited see his mother.He said on his baby voice.

P-"Am.maaa.Amaaa."

Vivaan just hugged him tight.Didnt say anything.For one minute.He was still calling for his mother.When Vivaan took pictures.Showing him as if he understood.Pranush tapped on Ramyas wedding picture.She was smiling like herself.Then he tried to show.Vivaan stairs.Which makes way to their room.Vivaan understood his gesture.

P-"Am.maaa.Nii.ni."

Pranush wanted to say.That his mother was sleeping in room.Little did he know.Ramya and Varna were different.Who was one gave birth.To him and who was his mother now.Vivaan closed album.Along with those harsh truths of his life.He shut his eyes.Swallowing pain.Trying to ease his son.Once he will remember his mother.He wont be at peace.Till he gets to be with her.Specially in mornings.He would be calm in Varnas lap.

V-"Your amma is with you.Always and today is special day Pranu.You know our Pranu is luckiest.Baby.Because he got two ammas.Wont you give special.Gift to your amma today.I couldnt give her anything.Still she left.Giving me ebst gift of my life.We miss you Ramya."

He hugged Pranush.Spending some time alone with him.If this can be only thing.Helping him out for day.He knew he cant break down.Letting it out in front of his family.Ramya will always be part of his life.She was his wife.Mother of his child.