Chapter 39

Varna was sweating.Karuna entered her room.Lights switched on.She was scared to see Varna.Her face has turned white.She caught Karuna's hand.Her eyes looking lost.Karuna touched her cheeks.Finding her wet with sweat.She made her have water.Hugged her.It wasnt normal.For Varna to wake up.Ramya used to have dreams.Scared at nights.

K-"Varna what happened.

Look at me."

V-"Aththai Ramya."

Karuna didnt ask her more.Varna was crying.Hiding her face in her arms.It was shock for Karuna.To see strong Varna like that.She thought its.Sisters concern.She pulled quilt.On her.Lulled her to sleep.Falling asleep beside her.For night.

Ramya started crying.Rubbing her eyes with he hand.Vivaan switched on lamp.He was scared.To hear his wife's cries.He gave her water.She was still.Sobbing.He took her in his arms.She clutched on his.Shirt and cried.Trying to keep herself safe.Vivaan was clueless.She never did like that.He patted her head.Kissed there.

V-"Ramya you got scared.Im here.

Come.Stop crying."

He made her lay.She shifted to his arms.He kissed her head.Rubbing her arms.Ti give her comfort.She was still scared.Remembering nightmare.Darkness haunted her.Her clutch.On him made him more scared.He frowned.Touching her cheeks.He went to kiss her.Lips to ease her.She moved her face.Her face was white.With fear.Vivaan wished.For first time.If he knew.Somethings about his wife.Part of her.Wasnt with him.He knew whom it was.He lay wide awake.In thoughts.Putting her to sleep.

Two weeks passed.Varna was at office.Reading file.They signed an important.Deal today.She was slowly.Feeling how normal life is lived.Her temper issues have reduced.She smiles.Alone and Shakthi played.Role in that.He was mischievous around her.Who would say.They were going to be husband wife.Look like friends.Thats what Karuna says.Watching them.Varna dropped file.From her hand.Feeling someone hugging her from back.

Sh-"Soon to be Mrs Shakthi.

Scared."

V-"I will kill you.Shakthi.Whats with.

Your weird acts."

Shakthi came front.Facing her with laugh.She frowned.Keeping file on table.He pulled her cheeks.When he touch her.There was awkwardness.She felt.She wanted to get rid.Because of him.He has been trying hard.For their relationship.She also wanted to.Belong to him.She hit him.Playfully till he circled his arms around her.Varna was feeling conscious.

V-"Shakthi we have people.This is office.

What brings you here."

Sh-"Is there rule.Cant hug your fiance.At office.

Tell me page no.Rule no.In Varna Shetty's law book.I came here.For reason.

We are going for.Shopping Atthai called."

V-"Shopping and me.I have work.Appa is not here too.

Take Aththai.She will love your company."

Sh-"I would love to.I thought.Should inform you.If later.

Create ruckus.Ramya's baby shower dates.Came and we need to.get gifts for that."

Varna's eyes widened.She wanted to see.Ramya since long.She only remembered her voice.Faint and weak over phone.Many times she wanted to.Take flight and go to her.Give her hug.What stopped her.Her heart knew.She shut her eyes.Feeling Shakthi's hands.On her shoulder.He squeezed there.

Sh-"Its ok.Will meet her soon.Its next week.

Come lets go."

V-"Shakthi I need.Your help."