Chapter 65

Diwali was nearing.All were busy with shopping.Arranging for prayer ceremony at home.This year it will be done in simple way.With only family members.Men of house already got gifts for their wives.Vikram gifted Shivani necklace.Like every year he gifts her.Of her favorite design.It was Reyaansh and Nandinis first Diwali after wedding.He planned special gift for her.

Vivaan looked around himself.His family was happy.He wanted to see this smile.On their faces.He was back home in evening.For some reason felt an emptiness.Reyaansh showed him special diamond necklace.He got for Nandini.He went for shopping with Nandini.Vikram and Shivani went to some friends house.House felt empty.

He was walking around house.Feeling lonely and bored.When thought to play with his naughty son.He went to room.Before getting in.Saw amazing sight.Varna held Pranush from his hip and hands.He was squealing in happiness.She was trying to make him stand on his feet.On bed.She was smiling too.Every time Pranush was laughing.She gave him kisses.Made him excited and dance.Vivaan smiled.Crossing his arms and standing there.Where would he have got.This smile and happiness for his baby.His eyes went to Varna.Smile slowly fading away.As he remembered.That nights argument.Its rare see her smile.

Pranush was having fun.But he was about to lose balance.Varna caught him on right time.Felt someone elses hand on babys back.Both Vivaan and Varna caught him same time.They looked into each others eyes.It was awkward.Vivaan left Pranush.He was taken in Varnas arms.As she rubbed his back.He was busy in her own world.Playing with Varnas hair.

V-"No one is at home.I came here to see.If he is awake."

Varna didnt say word.Gave Pranush to him.Who made face.He loved playing with her hair.He was stopped from doing so.Didnt like it.Vivaan frowned trying to learn reason.For his behavior.Varna got back to her work.When Vivaan found out.He cooed babys cheeks.Whispered his ear.

V-"Little brat.Is this even game to play.So naughty.Come we will play boys game."

Varna was done pressing her clothes.Keeping them in cupboard.From time she came to this house.She does all chores related to her.Doesnt take help from anyone.She was tired.She thought of something.Standing front of mirror.Looked at herself.It was true.She couldnt see same Varna Shetty.Her eyes and face.Everything looked so dull.Been months she went to parlor.Pranush and work kept her busy.If she leaves him for second.He starts crying.How will she leave him alone.She wanted to prove Vivaan wrong.From that night.She gave it thought.Why was she ruining herself.For someone who doesnt care for her.Did Shakthi ever try to call her back once.He never tried.Reaching her.Does he even know where she is.For Vivaan.Why should she show him.She is weak and needs help.All this troubled Varna.

She took pillow.Setting it on her lap.She was confused.How to go out of house.Checked her bag.Running out money.She had to take it from booth.Using her card.She was biting her nails.When idea struck her.

Varna came down with her bag.Dressed up in her faded pair of dress and stole.She frowned seeing.Someone at door.Vivaan was seen smiling.Talking to person.As she came near.She could see Pranush trying to get out.Of his fathers grip.Vivaan saw Varna approaching them.Ready to go out it seemed.He havent seen her going out.In his presence.Vivaan looked down.He was stuck badly in this weird situation.Deepali was their neighbours daughters friend.Too young for her age flirting with Vivaan.She comes there frequently.She saw Varna and checked her from had to toe.Vivaan sensed something coming.

V-"Deepali here is your sugar.I think this would be enough.For week or so.Say hi to Aunty."

D-"Why dont you come to our place.Vivaan.We are having special get together today at home.So you can also come over.I mean your family also."