Chapter 101

He was sweating sitting in air conditioned room.Which was joined to emergency unit.A waiting room.Where the wait seemed to be long enough for him not ending.He shook his legs.His hands felt cold.Throat dried as he tried to catch some breathe.His heart beat going erratic with every moment.He couldnt cry but hold tears up.

He could see the doctors rushing in and out.With each time making his pulse race faster.He saw clock for hundreth time.Losing count even.Why was time so cruel with him or his fate.He covered his face with his palms.Few hours ago he thought everything was fine.Till he saw her unconscious in his arms.Losing color from face all pale.Her smile slowly fading away as her hand tried to reach him.For moment same memory flashed back to him.He shut his eyes tight.Rememebring point in his life when he lost Ramya.She bid him farewell and he couldnt save her.He felt helpless trying to hold onto her.But she left with smile on face.Seeing same smile on Varna's face this time.He was shaken and not ready to lose.At any cost.

Vivaan sat there still.Opening his eyes which wandered through glass door seeing his wife.Varna fighting for her life.He wished to stop time.Revive her back.If only things were in his control.Life was never simple for them.As he thought how everything slowly edged back to normal.Since Kriti left and they kind of sorted their differences out.A tear dropped from his eye going back to moments.Wishing to hold into them not letting her go.

The sudden rain made her close windows as water droplets touched her face.She was quick enough and turning back could feel his presence in room.Ever since Kriti left she has been upset.Not being able to meet his eyes.She was embarassed at way she behaved.He didnt tell her a word.Behaved normal but his silence also troubled her.He was brushing his hair when thunder rolled.Making her shiver.He sensed her fear from corner of his eyes.He has been waiting to get any response from her side.When he didnt knew how to strike any conversation.Seeing her becoming so sensitive lately.After Kriti matter what took place between them.He was in two minds.

Var-"Coffee?.I was going to get for myself.So."

V-"Hmm."

He just gave nod and saw her leaving room in jet speed.He smiled seeing her calm and normal to some extent.He changed to night wear and thought to check some mails.

Pranush was sleeping with Vikram and Shivani tonight.Some movie was on in tv but duo werent interested.Vivaan tried best to keep his concentration there.Though he stole some glances at his wife sitting beside him on bed.She was doing same.Fiddling with remote on her hand.His eyes fell on her mug of coffee which was untouched.He finally thought to break silence.

V-"Ahem.Is this new way of having cold coffee."

He sipped form his mug and gave coy smile.At which she bit her lips.His eyes said it to her.She looked down at her mug and smiled.The movie was long forgotten.Well in some time.As their silence spoke again.

Var-"I.I wanted to."

V-"Let it be Varna.Please.Cant we just let bygones be bygones.Its better we dont start again."

Var-"But I need to say this.Im.Sorry for whatever happened.The way I behaved.I was horrible."

He saw her face breaking as she tried hard to control herself.His heart went out to her and he couldnt take it anymore.He touched her hand in her lap.Comforting her.She got some strength.

V-"You dont have to be sorry for anything.Let it go."

Var-"Its not easy.I shouldnt have said those words to you.Done all those things."

V-"You didnt do anything.Stop thinking over that now."

Var-"Its not letting me go.I behaved so badly with her.She.Was your guest.She must be thinking how horrible Im as person."