Chapter 88

It is said wise that one can never imagine.How a happy moment.Can be replaced by a sudden devastating one.Same happened with Reddy family.When they got news of Prakash being in hospital.They had to move to their own house in Chennai as they couldnt stay back there.With wedding festivities still around.

In the hospital a medical team was seen running around attending emergency case.Since time Prakash was brought there.He was in very serious condition.Then they announced he suffered massive heart attack.Karuna was shattered sitting on one of empty benches.With Nandini trying to console her.Reyaansh made calls back home.Informing them about status.The sun will be up any time.Still darkness prevailed here.Vivaan came along with doctor who looked unsure.

D-"Mr Vivaan right now we cant say anything.It was big one.We are running all tests.Can only say anything after we get results.I have consulted his family doctor.I believe he was under some stress.Dont worry lets hope for best."

Vivaan couldnt take breath of relief.With unsure words of doctor his heart.Went stiff with fear.An unknown guilt.Crept upon him.He looked at pale face of Karuna.She has been crying but sitting like that since time they came here.She had to bring her brother alone here.

V-"Aththai dont worry.Appa will be fine.We all are here.Its about time."

K-"Time.Its about that only which takes away everything."

Reyaansh went to get some medicines.While Nandini accompanied him to get water for Karuna.Vivaan came and sat beside Karuna.he didnt knew right words to console.This family have seen enough.

K-"I knew about this.Prakash.He was in stress always.From last few days he stopped taking medicines on time.Having proper meals.No matter how hard I tried.I couldnt."

V-"Aththai.He will be fine.You could have.Told us about this."

K-"I wanted to but.He asked me not to.From time he came to know you are coming here.He wanted to see Pranu once.Yesterday he was restless.I wanted to tell you but he thought.What if Varna doesnt like.I have seen him breaking down.He couldnt take unwanted accusations.hate from his own daughter.After Ramya left.He thought Varna would fill up that empty space.We were wrong.She distanced herself from us so much.Doesnt even want to see our face.Because of this.He is in condition like this today.I dont know if he will survive."

V-"He will.Nothing will happen to him."

Karuna wiped her tears.Kept strong face.Her heart was beating fast every moment with tension.Still she had ray of hope.

K-"If something happens to my brother.I wont forgive her.She made a father suffer."

Vivaan looked back at her with horror.From time he heard this news.Only one thing went in his mind.What if worst would happen.He wouldnt let that happen as he knew.How everything would come back to square one for her.He got up and walked ahead.As Nandini was back with Karuna.

Walking close to emergency cabin.His eyes fell on sight.Which shattered his heart.She was standing there.Her face blank as white as ghost.Body stiffened and her hands.On glass that was barrier between her and her father now.Her eyes were fixed on Prakash lying lifeless inside room.Vivaan came closer.To see yet again how she was staring at.With depth in her eyes.He could hear her breath slow but inside it was storm.He shut his eyes and touched her shoulder.She didnt move.

V-"He will be fine.Varna."

His words couldnt move her at all.He called her out again.But she was lost.It was when he pulled her slowly.getting her hands down and made her face him.Her eyes were still at glass.His voice cracked.Seeing her in this state.

V-"Varna please.Dont."

She turned to face him.Her eyes had an emptiness.She gave him blank look.Again looked at her father.Trying to get closer to him.When felt tug.Vivaan caught her strongly from shoulders.She felt lump on her throat.She only gestured through her hands to him.Showing her father inside.He could feel what she was trying to tell him.Giving a nod to her.He held her hands which were dead cold.He held them strongly.