Chapter 89

As sun rose spreading its light.Making its way to room.Varna slowly opened her eyes.Feeling need for water as her throat went dry.She managed to get up.With drowsy eyes.Finding herself alone in room.Took some water and had it while her eyes were looking for someone.Keeping glass back to its place.She took blanket.Resting her back in comfortable way.Fever was painful.Whole night she was in drowsy state.Not in full senses but she understood what was happening around.He was there awake.With her.Keeping wet towels on her forehead to make her feel better.Every possible thing he did.Massaging her head and whispering nothing but sweet words.He was there for her.

Varna took deep breath and smiled.Unlike of her but she did.She looked at window where light was coming from.Her life was going same direction.Suddenly she felt different emotion.She didnt wanted to go back.Experience what she have been through.She had enough didnt she.As she shut her eyes it dawned upon her how her father was in hospital.

V-"Oh you are already up.Great.Here have your breakfast and then medicine."

Var-"Ah.How is Appa now?"

V-"There are two medicines.This tablet you have to take first.Pranu is waiting for you.Shouting from morning.Have this before he starts fighting again to get to you."

She took medicines and had them with water as he gave her glass.He looked fresh from face.After taking shower.In early morning and handling Pranush which wasnt easy job.She knew he was avoiding her questions.

Var-"I will freshen up and get ready.Have to go to hospital."

V-"Have this food and rest.Fever has not gone yet."

Var-"Im fine please.I.I want to meet Appa.How is he?"

Vivaan frowned and kept tray on bed.He then moved to get his file.Busying himself.She noticed that.

Var-"Why are you avoiding my questions.He is my father.I will go."

V-"Go and do what.Get insulted again.Hear same words so that guilt hits you again.Im sorry I wont let that happen.I wont let my wife go through this shit again and again.Have breakfast and rest."

She wasnt offended at his behavior.Rather it made her feel good from inside.As she ate food slowly.She remembers every word Karuna said to her.They did take her to her past.How she was replacement in Ramyas place in their lives.they believed so and Vivaan and Pranushs life as well.But does her husband feels same.She has seen in his eyes guilt.He couldnt protect her.He murmured to her last night how he should have stood for her.She glanced at him.He was pretending to stand there doing some work when he wasnt actually.She smiled having juice.

V-"What.Why that smile now."

Var-"You can come and sit here.No need to work your head.With that empty file."

Empty file dropped from his hand.Leaving him embarassed as he was caught.He came back to her.trying to keep serious look on face.He was relived seeing her alright.Else he thought she will be back to her shell.She was done with breakfast.

V-"I want you to take care of yourself Varna.Think about your own good.You are my wife now.I wont let anyone pressurize you mentally because I do know.How you have surpassed that one phase.I promise not to let you go through that again in life."

Var-"Why do you care so much for me.When all I have given you nothing but coldness.From time we were tied in this unwanted relationship."

V-"Because you are special.To our son."

Var-"And?"

She pursed her lips.He looked unsure of saying that to her.All she wanted to hear from him was what she anticipated.Next she felt him taking her hands.Stroking them.