Chapter 20

A day was left for engagement.Ramya was asked to stay home.It was evening when she was seen munching on some snacks.A can of soft drink kept on table.

Varna heard Karuna's voice being top of her lungs.This was happening from morning.Few minutes a go Ramya's dress came from her in laws place.She is going to wear tomorrow along with other things.

Varna closed the door.Found her sister lost in some deep thoughts.She went to have sit beside her on the couch.Switched off the tv which was making noise.

V-"I know you eat a lot when in stress.You need to stop this habit or else.Your in laws are going to call you glutton."

Ramya kept the plate down on table.Hugged her knees and became silent.Varna found it weird.It was unlike of the chirpy person she is.

V-"Whats wrong.Lost energy or need some.From this drink?"

Ramya bit her lips.Varna's eyes were beaming with naughtiness.Ramya shook her head.Then looked down.Varna pretended to throw can in dustbin.

R-"Varna No.Dont do that."

V-"Finally.food can make you talk Ramya Shetty."

Ramya snatched the can from her.Started taking sips.

V-"you know what will happen when Aththai finds out.You are not allowed to drink this."

R-"One wont harm.I am tired of all restrictions.In life."

She was done with soft drink and wiped her lips.Threw the can aiming for bin.It dropped on floor.She looked at Varna with sheepish grin.

Varna took the pillow on her lap.Shifted closer to Ramya.

V-"Its ok.You are getting engaged tomorrow.There is month left for marriage.Dont be so nervous."

Ramya nodded at her.Then continued playing with the soft toy on her lap.It was a doll.Chubby and with light curly brown hair.

R-"I dont know.I never felt like this.You know Varna.All this.Sounds so weird to me.As if its like a dream coming true.I never imagined this happening.How did I end up getting.So much happiness."

Varna kept a hand on Ramya's hand.Ramya's eyes were depicting the happiness.From time she has come back she has noticed.Her sister's face glowing with a different shine.She never looked this happy.

V-"Ramya.You look happy.Aren't you?"

R-"I dont know how to tell you.This feeling Varna.Its like.You cant express.My heart beats so fast when he is near me.When is not with me I think about him.A mere thought makes me smile.If I dont get to hear his voice for a day I feel sad.The way he cares for me.Treats me.No one did that.Cared to do that."

Varna could see her sister's eyes getting moist.Ramya caught Varna's hands.

R-"Varna.I never thought I can get someone like Vivaan in my life.You know what he told me.When I confronted him about my health.He said.I have a big and special heart which is ten times stronger than what normal people have.He never cared to know or dig about my medical condition.When I look into his eyes I dont see sympathy for me.its.Love."

Varna clutched on to the hold Ramya had on her hands.She smacked her sister's head lightly.

V-"You love him.Your eyes say that."

Ramya wiped her moist eyes.Then smiled.

R-"You know what he says.he was wrong judging me on our first meeting.He keeps on saying sorry for that.When I dont even remember exact reason what happened.All I could remember first time I saw him.he fought with goons and saved me."