Chapter 19

The coming week got the two families busy preparing for engagement ceremony.On one side Ramya was eagerly waiting for Varna to come back.She didnt started with shopping.Karuna was angry at her.

Vivaan had taken a back seat.Seeing his family all hyper.Excited with preparations.He didnt knew till now what happiness he has given them.He accompanied ladies of his house for shopping.Rest was managed by his father.

Keeping all these happenings aside.The soon to be engaged were sailing on some different boat.They didnt get much time to meet.However managed to get glimpses of each other.It was one such day.Vivaan had taken Ramya out for selecting her ring.He wanted it to be of her choice.She happily obliged.

They have been sitting for almost an hour.Vivaan rubbed his neck.The man sitting in front of them had smile on his face.Ramya would be biting her nails any second.

V-"Ramya.We are here to select ring today.Not next month.If you can hurry.Honey."

She widened her eyes.Looking around place and people.He addressed her as honey taking her breath.

Vivaan took a ring a simple one with no heavy design.Tried to make her wear it.Finding the ring he gave her before already on her finger.

V-"You are still wearing this."

R-"Yeah.I am not getting this.Why do we need to buy another ring when you already gave me one."

Vivaan smiled at her and took the ring out of her finger.She was baffled at his act.

R-"What did you do.No.Its not good omen."

V-"Sorry?What did you say?"

He made her wear the new ring and saw if its okay.Then took another ring kept on trying.Ramya was struggling.He glared at her.

R-"Vivaan.Its not good.Aththai told me.Once you wear engagement ring you shouldnt take it out.Its considered a bad omen and can affect our."

Vivaan stopped to glare at her again.Shaking his head.

V-"Stop being dumb Ramya.We shouldnt really bother about these lame things.And we aren't engaged yet remember."

She snatched her hand from him.getting him startled.

R-"We are.When you slid that ring on my finger.From that moment I have accepted you as part of my life.This finger holds importance.Its not a normal thing.When a girl is made to wear a ring by a guy on this finger.You wont get.Leave."

She took her purse and got up from sit.Vivaan kept rings back and followed her.

V-"Ramya wait.Stop."

Vivaan waited for the waiter to place order on their table.He tried to hide his smile.After storming out of jewelry shop.He thought she left being angry with him.Then he found her sitting inside his car.Arms crossed and with a pout on her face.So that meant Ramya was angry.

Then she didnt say a word to him on their way.He stopped car nearby small cozy place.Which had become their favorites.It was Ramya's.Where street food was served in better manner and taste was really good.

V-"One dosa for me.And chaat for madam.Thank you."

R-"Wait.Two chaats for me.One paneer masala dosa for me and.One lemonade.One orange juice."

She stomped her feet.Not meeting his eye.Continued scanning the menu.Vivaan went silent for a moment.

V-"Cancel my order.I guess that would be all."