Chapter 78

It was a breezy night.Sitting on swing and letting her.Have some own time.Varna felt calm.Relaxing after whole days work.Hustles and her son who wouldnt.Let her keep himself away from her.For minute.She smiled thinking about him.She had mug of coffee with her.Taking sips from steaming coffee which she brewed.Tastes like how she used to make.Life was going somewhere.She didnt knew exact destination.But she felt peace somewhat.She wasnt sure of her feelings.With each passing day she knew.It would not be easier to hold on to.Expectations from people around her.She only wanted to be at peace now.Away from thoughts and questions.From anyone specially Vivaan.She kept mug on her side in swing.Feeling current pass through her.As someones finger brushed hers.

As someones finger brushed hers

V-"Gazing at stars.Without me.Too bad Varna Reddy."

She found him gazing at her.Like he has been doing.Pierce her through those weird looks.To her astonishment again.He picked her mug.Taking sip from there.He pursed her lips.

V-"Coffee without sugar.You need sweetness in life."

Var-"Now that you are here.It will be gone."

V-"Did you say something?"

Var-"Nothing.Why are you here now?Cant I sit alone for few minutes."

V-"Ofcourse you can.Its your house.Your place and your swing.Your husband.All yours."

Var-"Thanks.I dont think I need one."

V-"Thank you.I badly needed one."

He started having her coffee.Without sparing glances at her.She felt like hitting him hard.Rather herself.She maintained distance from him.Adjusting on swing.He could see her face turning red.Smirking at her from side.She looked breath taking.On pink loose kurta.With white pants.Her wavy long hair open.Wind making them hit her face.Lately she started applying small dots.On her forehead.Added to her beauty and elegance look.She could feel his gaze at her.Consciously she wanted to go away.When he held her hand.

V-"Stay.I wont bite."

Var-"Im sleepy.Its late and have to be up at early morning."

V-"Few minutes wont ruin your.Beauty sleep.Please stay?"

His voice sounded.Unlike commanding tone he had on her.It was more like pleading.She didnt knew why.It convinced her to sit back.He had coffee and kept mug down on grass.Slowly balanced swing with his long legs.He looked at sky.Then back at her.She was very conscious.Adjusting her hair every moment.

V-"We live under same roof Varna.Same room and yet.We barely talk for few minutes in day.How long will you stay silent.On this.We cant run away from this.Even if we want to."

Var-"Im not running away from anything.I have accepted reality.Stopped dreaming long back.Few minutes is real.Let it be.Some relationships are destined to be like this.Distance is destiny."

V-"I have opened my heart to you.I dont want distance to be our ultimate destination.If you believe on me."

Var-"I dont believe on anyone anymore.Not even myself.Its useless speaking over same stuff.I should leave."