Chapter 18

Varna felt her eyes wet.She didn't knew what were those for.But at the moment she felt nice.Happy for something.She put the phone down.Shivered feeling her aunt's hand on her shoulder from back.

It was almost noon.They were planning to go for lunch when Varna went inside to get her phone.Priyamvada was watching her niece with much concentration.Trying to read her face.

P-"Varna.Your crying?"

Varna gulped down the lump which almost formed on her throat.Then faced Priyam.She moved her head side ways in protest.Priyam touched corner of her eye.A drop of tear she picked and showed to Varna.Who bit her lips.

P-"I believe this cannot be without any reason."

Varna's face broke into a smile.She hugged Priyam.

P-"Maa.Is this Varna only.Who is this girl out here."

Varna shook her head and felt embarassed.Priyam held her hands.

P-"Would you mind telling me the reason now.Your highness."

V-"Ramya is getting engaged."

The Shetty house was filled with new air in morning.As soon as Vivaan broke this happy news to his family.They couldn't wait and called Prakash early morning.Prakash and Karuna already sensed what was coming.The final confirmation gave content to their heart.

Karuna did her prayers and then went to Ramya's room.She was sleeping.She made flowers touch her head.Kissed her.Saw the twins picture on the wall.Wiped her tears.She was waiting for Varna's arrival.Things would be fine soon.

V-"I cant believe this.I have to rush from office back here.what made you guys land here this early.I mean didnt we talk this morning only?"

The Reddys couldn't wait hearing the news from Vivaan.They took next flight and landed in Chennai surprising him.Vikram hugged his son and patted his back.Shivani kissed his head.

Vik-"I knew it.My son has to take the wise decision himself I am glad you took it.Gave it a chance and see."

V-"I am sorry Dad.I guess I overreacted a bit with things.Should have given a thought before."

Sh-"Now thats enough.Leave what happened in past.Vivaan.We are going to prepare for engagement then other rituals and marriage.Since everything will be taking place here so we have to.Reception will be arranged in Hyderabad we have guests there and."

Vikram and Vikraan kept looking at Shivani who was very hyper.She stopped seeing them giving her that look as they started laughing.

Sh-"What?"

V-"mom.Relax."

Vik-"She cant.From time we got your call she has made half of guest list also..What functions to be held.Dress code and etc etc.A mother's mind you see."

Sh-"Yes.Because all work has to be done by me only."

V-"Okay you both stop fighting.Where are others.Lata Aththai and ?"

Vik-"They will be here too.Once we decide on everything.See we ended up being here in such hurry.They will manage work there and then come."

Sh-"Vivaan you are happy right?I mean you took this decision because you want this.Not for us.tell me?"

Vikram wiped his glasses and then fixed them back.

Vivaan held his mother's hand.

V-"Not at all Mom.You know in these few days I realised how we can never expect those things in life.Which may have been destined to happen with us.I came here then met Ramya.We ended up developing this unknown and special bond.Now I can't think of my life without her.She is the one for me.I know that without any qualms."