Chapter 54

Few more days passed.Only difference was Vivaan became.Softened towards Varna.With Pranush.After that night he didnt dare.Think twice before stopping her.Accusing her for anything regarding Pranush.He kept eye on her carefully.Seeing her giving love and warmth to his baby.Same like mother would.He sat some times thinking.How she loves him so much.His mind went back to same thoughts.When he remembered how Ramya and Varna were connected.He again went back.To blaming Varna.For Ramya sbasence in their lives.

It was weekend.Varna wasnt willing to visit home.Priyam was leaving next morning.She invited Vivaan and Varna with Pranush for dinner.She couldnt say no to Priyam.Vivaan came from office bit late.He chatted with Prakash.Asking about his health.He always took care.Keeping check on him.With calls and also on Karuna.

K-"We feel blessed to have son like you.You are so busy with work.Still care ask about us.

You should take.Care of yourself too Vivaan.Face looks pale.Not eating properly."

P-"Was telling you.Why not shift here.Family is family.Cant depend on helpers."

K-"Will talk with Varna today itself.Stay with us also.For few days."

Vivaan didnt knew what to say.He couldnt refuse them on face.He wondered reason for Varnas refusal.She decided before she wont stay with.her own family.Something about her disturbed him always.Girl who wants to stay.Away from her own people.Why would anyone do that.He was called for dinner then.Varna came with Priyam.After insisting her.Karuna saw her plate with shock.

K-"Varna why is your plate empty.Look at this girl."

V-"Aththai please.I dont feel like having anything.Let it be.Will have some fruits."

P-"Fruits for dinner.Who takes fruits.At this hour.Do you know Vivaan.When Ramya and Varna.

Were kids.Used to have hard time feeding Varna.Ramya was never fussy about food.

Akka had hard time.With Varna.So stubborn with eating habits."

Vivaan tried to keep his smile.Mention of Ramya brought back.Memories to him.How can he forget her.Food habits.Her innocence was first hit him.All were chatting.Didnt realise when Varna left table.Priyam understood what must have gone wrong.She stopped Karuna.Went to Varna.Vivaan continued to eat.He felt something amiss.First time between Varna.Her family members.Karuna felt awkward front of him.She was tired to mend.Broken ties with Varna.Didnt knew how to fix her heart.

Priyam entered room.With food plate.She smiled shaking her head.Varna was found.Attending to Pranush.He just woke up.She was checking on him.Made him drink some water.

V-"Chitti I dont want.Have anything please."

P-"From me also.Remember since you were small.You never said no to me.Still baby to me."

Priyam forcefully fed her.She started feel uneasy.They chatted for some time.Varna wasnt feeling well.From inside.Since Priyam was leaving.She was only person.With whom she shared and talked.Now she would be left alone.Priyam gifted her nice colorful dress.Karuna entered room.Startled at something she saw.

K-"Varna where are you looking.See what he has done."

Varna and Priyam looked at direction.Karuna rushed to bed.Pranush was settled in middle.He was moving his hands and legs.Due to which his small quilt.Came till his face.Covering his face almost.Karuna moved quilt.Pranush started crying.Little as he wasnt used to be.In someone elses arms.He couldnt recognize Karuna.

P-"Look at this naughty boy.Left him for few seconds.Eager to grow fast."

K-"Varna he is too small.Should be careful.What if I wouldnt have come.Think about it.