Chapter 16

Sydney,Australia  

Sydney,Australia  

Varna had her eyes closed.In a complete relaxation mode.Till she had to break her concentration hearing the loud music.

V-"Chitti.Its early morning."

She was grumpy.Priyamvada came from her room biting her lips.Held her ears.Her niece was giving her looks.When does she not.

P-"Sorry.Maa.Working out you see."

Varna rubbed her face with the towel and loosened her long hair from clutch of hair band.She had some water.

V-"You can join me Chitti.Why after those jumpy and insane work outs.May harm your body reflexes."

Priyam handed her morning coffee and took sit with her.

P-"I cant leave my mind in one particular place.You know Varna.I tried Yoga quite times.but.its boring.There needs to be spice in life.Loud music and moves.They give me a boost up."

Varna shook her head.Her aunt behaved and looked younger than her.Whoever met her said that.

P-"You should join me someday.I will change your mind."

V-"That ain't happening.Sorry."

Varna went to look for something in her laptop bag.When Priyam was having her green tea.

P-"So?This time.Something serious?"

V-"What."

She answered not looking at her.

P-"Come on Varna.Dont take me as dumb.I know.You wont be coming here to spend holidays.Like that.Leaving your darling sister back there.Fought with your father again.I do feel something big happened."

Varna didnt look at her still.She got her file and then started reading it.Alongside having coffee.

V-"You think too much.Nothing like that.Why cant I visit you without any fight happening.Its not a ritual or norm.I was missing you.And work got me here."

P-"I can see.Work.How long are you going to run after these stupid conferences.Varna.High time think about life."

V-"Dont you feel bored saying same thing every time to me."

Varna gave a goofy grin and Priyam glared at her.

P-"No.because I may not be your mother.But someone who has motherly instincts for you.i couldnt raise you or Ramya.Spend enough time with you.Me and your father had our share of disagreements over things.That doesnt make my love for you two less."

Varna kept her file aside.Taking Priyam's hands in hers.Priyam wiped the lone tear from her eye.

V-"Who told you you didnt.Is that because of time you couldnt give.I feel like coming back to you time and again whenever.I feel .lonely.in this big world."