Chapter 24

The house was filled with guests.Yet an emptiness prevailed in hearts of family members.Relatives started coming.Wedding date just a day away.Rituals started off.

Prakash was in his room.Karuna was seeing the arrangements downstairs.He couldnt find his new shirt.He was exhausted in between the wedding preparations.To some relief he didnt have to visit office.

V-"Here.Aththai sent this."

Varna came inside her father's room.Kept the neatly ironed shirt on bed.She was about to leave.

P-"Varna.

Thanks."

Varna stared at her father in awe.She didnt knew how to react.It was like this always.She stayed mum.Heard someone calling her downstairs.

P-"Varna listen.

I am glad you are taking care of office work.It gave me chance to keep an eye on stuff here.This wedding is important for me.I hope we all know that.Thank you."

Varna gave a nod and went away.

She was climbing down the stairs.Her face became bright after seeing people dancing.Having fun.Music was played.Priyamwada was dancing in middle with other girls.Ladies were singing.In between Varna didnt miss to catch her sister having time of her life.

In between Varna didnt miss to catch her sister having time of her life

Ramya's smile brightened hers too.She looked so happy.She was getting henna designed on her hands and feet.Karuna was also participating.

The moments she wanted to capture forever.One thing hit her hard in all this.Few minutes a go the conversation she had with her father.He remembered how she made it possible for him.To free him doing arrangements for his daughter's wedding.Never did he mentioned how she was good and efficient at work.Will he ever do that.

Varna shrugged off the look from her face.Smiled and joined the gang.She didnt dance.Sat beside Ramya.

R-"Varna.Now its your turn."

The henna girl took her hand.Which she had taken back before.Karuna came and eyed her not to do so.

K-"Varna.Its also a part of ritual.You are bride's sister.Come on give your hand."

Varna scrunched her face.She hated sitting for long time.Getting that design on hand.No ways she was going to do this.Priyamvada came and had her hands behind her nieces.

Priyamvada came and had her hands behind her nieces