Namjoon&Seokjin - PART 3

🍼little Seokjin

Namjoon knows how much Seokjin loves sweets, his little one could eat sweets all the time. On the other hand, Seokjin hates brushing his teeth. Namjoon, as the greatest daddy, tried really hard to explain why it is important to brush your teeth, but without results. Then he tried to make brushing teeth fun, he played music, he turned on cartoons and failed again.

Namjoon knows that their dentist won't be very happy. The young woman knows that Seokjin is a difficult patient so she tries to be extra kind until she found new 2 cavities. She frowns at Namjoon and gives a stern look to the little.

"Be honest. How often do you brush your teeth?"

Seokjin's cheeks reddened and he avoids looking at the doctor.

"Two times every ..."

The dentist sighs and raises one eyebrow.

"Every week?"

Namjoon is squirming in his seat while trying to explain how hard he tries to brush Seokjin's teeth every day, but sometimes he loses this battle. He loses quite often.

"Fine, we can fix that."

This seems like the best time to stop being nice - she pulls out a comically big tooth made from plastic.

"When a cavity form and you don't treat it, it will eventually grow into the pulp of your tooth. That will cause intermittent pain because bacteria and their acids are creating an inflammation. As time goes by, the pain becomes worse and pus will make the infection worse. It could compromise your breathing or result in flesh eating disease. It can also spread in your brain."

Seokjin is horrified. His eyes filled with tears and he openly starts to sob a few seconds later.

"I didn't want to scare you, but this is serious."

Seokjin quickly nods and Namjoon hurries to hold his hand.

"I will brush my teeth. I promise!"

Seokjin is crying while the dentist gets ready to get rid of the cavities. A nurse hands wireless headphones to Namjoon and tells him to play Seokjin's favorite music - like this he won't hear the drill. Namjoon put the headphones on and Seokjin changes his mind. He tries to climb down from the dental chair and he is stopped by his daddy. Namjoon pulls him back and hugs him. Seokjin cries and wails - to the great discomfort of the littles in the waiting room.

Namjoon's hug is gentle, but firm while he wrestles with his little one. He feels a small pinch and the area around his teeth become numb. Then the dentist takes the drill and starts working. She is slowly drilling out the decay and filling the affected teeth. Seokjin is crying while listening to TWICE's newest album and the nurse is forcefully holding his jaws opened. It took some time to finish the procedure, but in the end the dentist is satisfied.

The nurse hands a wet napkin to Namjoon so he can clean Seokjin's face and then they are free to go. Seokjin is tired after crying so hard and he is gripping daddy's hand.

"So, we should buy a new toothbrush, don't you think?"