ATEEZ

🍼little Hongjoong

Seonghwa knows he is a strict daddy, yes he knows this, but he has also a soft side. Seonghwa and his little one enjoyed two weeks in Philippines. Their vacation was great, they swam, had fun, but everything has to end and they flied back in Seoul. Work is waiting for Seonghwa and a kindergarten for littles is waiting for Hongjoong. The problem is that the little one hates the kindergarten and doesn't want to go there. No one is bullying him but he simply hates the idea of being without his daddy for 8 hours straight. Hongjoong tried everything. He cried, pretended he is sick, throw a tantrum, but nothing worked and another morning when his daddy forces him to get up is here.

"You will have fun, you won't even notice that daddy isn't there."

Seonghwa is already wearing a black pants and white shirt with a black tie and now he needs to get Hongjoong ready. The little one refused to get up, but Seonghwa has no time for this. He grabbed his little one under armpits and drags him out of the bed. Seonghwa grabs a pair of baby blue leggings and gray hoodie and turns around to find Hongjoong playing, wearing only his wet diaper. Seonghwa sighs and unfolds a changing mat before grabbing the little and laying him on the mat. He quickly takes the wet diaper off and diapered him again before taking the leggings and pulling them up Hongjoong's slim legs.

Hongjoong is whining during the whole process, but in the end he is dressed and ready to eat breakfast. Seonghwa spreads Nutella on few toasts and goes to pack Hongjoong's bag. Every little in the kindergarten needs to bring their own diapers and they can bring their own toys if they want. Seonghwa knows his baby hates to bring his toys in the kindergarten because other littles could steal them or worse ... they could stain them.

Hongjoong eats two toasts before his daddy hurries in the kitchen.

"Are you done? Are you full?"

Seonghwa finished his morning cup of coffee by two long sips and takes Hongjoong's hand. He put on his shoes and jacket, grabs their bags and they left their apartment. The kindergarten isn't far, it takes only few minutes long car ride and then Seonghwa hands Hongjoong over to the nice caregiver who works there and waves to his baby.

"Have fun."

Tears welled up in Hongjoong's eyes and Seonghwa sighs.

"Just few hours and daddy will be back."

Hongjoong pouts and tears start to slide down his cheeks. Seonghwa sighs and really needs to leave now or he is going to be late. The kind caregiver leads Hongjoong in the big room where are many littles and even more toys. There is every possible thing which could keep the littles busy. Hongjoong angrily tugs on her hand and she pats his bum.

"Look who is over there!"

Hongjoong spots San who is his friend and she leads him toward the little one who is playing with toy cars. Hongjoong sat down next to him and reluctantly starts to play with him. The kindergarten is calm today, few of the loudest littles aren't present. At 12 comes lunch and the little ones gather in the dining room. They sit down and the caregivers start to bring trays with food. Hongjoong frowns at the meal. There is a bowl with vegetable soup, plate with fried chicken and rice and a small bowl with carrot salad. Hongjoong hates carrot! However, if he doesn't finish the salad he won't get a cookie with a box of milk. Hongjoong sighs and starts to eat. Few streets away Seonghwa is also eating lunch. He enjoys his delicious steak and fries but thinks about his baby boy. He needs to buy something for him, maybe a cupcake. Hongjoong loves cupcakes.

The little ones finished their milk and now it is time to change their diapers before the littles take a nap. The boys and girls find an empty mat in the nap room and Hongjoong lay down on the mat next to San. A caregiver closed the curtains so the room is darker and the littles can fall asleep while another caregiver reads a fairytale. The littles sleep for an hour before they start to wake up and go to play again. Hongjoong is still asleep while Seonghwa has a meeting with few investors. The daddy works hard to make enough money for his baby. Seonghwa is occasionally letting his mind to escape the boring meeting and thinks about his little one. He hopes that Hongjoong has fun, he needs to survive just four more hours.

Seonghwa always leaves his office on time so he is never late to pick up his baby. Hongjoong is already waiting for him and runs toward his daddy. He tightly hugs him and Seonghwa helps him in their car. Hongjoong is begging him to buy McDonald's for dinner but Seonghwa shakes his head no. If Hongjoong could choose, they would eat fast food almost every day but that isn't healthy.

"Daddy is going to cook and you can watch cartoons for a while."

Hongjoong pouts in the back seat and crosses arms on his chest. He is ready to whine that he wants nuggets and ice cream but his daddy smiles at.

"And I know one boy who is going to get a gingerbread cupcake."

Hongjoong immediately beams and happily claps his small hands.

"Daddy! You are the best!"

AN: I love gingerbread muffins!