I'd Die For A Taste Of What Angel Had (Liz&OC) - Request ★

Angel's POV
I get on the subway and a woman immediately begins staring at me. I'm trying to discreetly check her out, but I'm obviously not doing a good job because she giggles.

We start playing a game of stealing glances at each other while the other isn't looking. She's blushing but after a while, I have to get off the subway.

She follows me and as I keep walking, I notice she's still behind me. I turn around to face her and she stops.

"Fuck sake! if you have something to say then just fucking say it rather than stalking me around New York." I snap.

"I'm really sorry, I think it's just poor timing. I'm headed this way." She explains.

"Oh. Oh, then I'm really sorry. I just have poor social skills." I say and turn back around.

"Wait." She says.

"What?" I ask turning around to find her lips against mine.

I'm surprised, but kiss back. She laughs softly when we break away and I giggle.

"Hold on, do you fancy maybe talking first?" She asks and I nod.

"My names Angel." I say.

"Like the character from RENT." She says.

"Exactly." I nod.

"Wait, you've seen RENT?" She asks excitedly.

I pull up the edge of my sleeve to show her my tattoo.

"Yeah, it's practically the only thing I watch." I say rolling my eyes.

"Me too." She laughs. "I'm Liz."

"That's a pretty name." I say.

"Not as pretty as 'Angel'. That's a beautiful name for a beautiful person." Liz says.

I look down.

"I'm sorry, is that a gendered word?" Liz asks.

"No, it's okay. I am non-binary, but you're perfectly welcome to call me beautiful." I smirk.

"I really want to stay and talk but if I'm late, I'll never hear the end of it." She says looking at the time on her phone.

"Let me walk you to wherever you're going." I say.

"Okay, Angel." She smiles.

"So, tell me about yourself." I ask as we start walking.

"I'm Liz, I'm 28 and I grew up in New Jersey but I live in Atlanta now." She says. "And I'm on my way to work."

"I love Atlanta. It's got a similar vibe to New York, but it's less busy and with far less drunk men stumbling around and throwing up." I say and she laughs.

"Couldn't agree more." She says. "What about you?"

"What about me?" I ask.

"Tell me about you." Liz smiles.

"Okay, so I love to travel and I love aeroplanes." I say.

"Can't stand flying." She shivers.

"Don't you think it's cool?" I ask.

"No, I think it's a suicide mission." She says and I laugh.

"Flying won't be involved in our first date then." I say and she looks at me.

"So we're having a first date?" She smirks.

"We just kissed each other's faces off on the streets of New York and you weren't expecting a first date?" I ask.

"I'm not great at dating. I'm actually pretty shit on dates." She admits.

"I don't think that's true." I say.

"Believe me, it's true. My Mom used to make me go on dates with men and I'd end up asking them if their Dad ever loved them." Liz says and I burst out laughing.

"No you didn't." I say catching my breath.

"I told you, shit on dates." She shrugs.

"Well, here's my number incase you change your mind." I say putting my number in her phone.

"This is where I'm working today." She says stopping outside a building.

"No way. This is my building, too." I say.

We go inside.

"I'm upstairs." She says.

"I'm downstairs." I say.

"Well, it was lovely talking to you, Angel." She smiles kissing my cheek. "I love this suit." She says grabbing the shoulders of my blazer.

" She says grabbing the shoulders of my blazer

"Oh, we're definately having a first date." I say and she laughs.

Liz's POV

I go upstairs and meet the make-up artist who does my make up, before going to my dressing room to change into the first outfit for the shoot.

"Hi Liz, I'm Stephanie." The designer says, walking in.

"Hi." I smile.

"Can I just say what a pleasure it is to have you here?" Stephanie says.

"Pleasure to be here." I say.

"Shall we get started? Let's head downstairs." She says and I follow her down the stairs to the set-up.

"Oh, Liz this is our photographer." Stephanie says and Angel walks in.

We both look at each other for a few seconds in shock.

"Can I take your photo?" Angel smirks.

"Must you?" I ask smiling.

~NOTES~
Yes, this chapter was briefly RENT inspired, so if you didn't understand a few of the references, I both apologise and recommend you watch it.