Makayla (Part 2) (Liz) - Request ★

~Notes~
This is the 2nd part to my Oneshot 'Makayla'. You don't have to read that one before this one, but you may understand this better if you do. Makayla is Liz's daughter from a previous relationship. She is 5 years old and has autism. Please be respectful with the autism content in this chapter.

There's a lot of Elmo in this chapter. Enjoy :)

Makayla's POVI wake up from my nap and go downstairs

Makayla's POV
I wake up from my nap and go downstairs. Mom is sat at the kitchen table typing on her laptop. I climb onto her legs.

"Hi Angel." She smiles kissing my hair.

"You promised." I frown.

"What's the matter?" She asks.

"You promised you would stay while I napped." I say.

"Makayla, I said I would stay until you fell asleep." Mom laughs.

"Play outside?" I ask.

"Only if you put your coat on." She says.

"You help?" I ask running to the coat closet.

"Of course." Mom smiles.

I'm jumping to try and reach my coat. Mom laughs.

"Here you go." Mom says lifting me up so I can get it.

She holds the coat while I put my arms in the sleeves.

"Zip." I say and Mom zips it up for me while I play with her necklace.

"All done." Mom says and I run outside with the dogs.

I'm playing with the soccer ball when I fall over. I look at my knee that's covered in blood and start crying.

Mom comes outside.

"What happened, sweetheart?" She asks and I point to my cut knee. "Aw, come here."

She picks me up and takes me inside, sitting me on the kitchen counter.

"Band aid?" I ask sniffling.

"I'll find you a band aid. I've gotta clean it first, okay?" Mom says and I nod.

She gets a wet washcloth and rubs it gently over my knee.

The door knocks.

"Who it is?" I ask.

"I think it's Adam." Mom says and I squeal. "Stay there." She says putting her hand on my stomach and going to answer the door.

Mom walks in with Adam.

"Adam!" I scream excitedly.

"Hey little one." He smiles.

"I'm just sorting out her leg." Mom says and dries my knee with tissue.

"Oh no, what happened?" He asks.

"Fell over." I say watching as Mom puts a Cinderella band aid on my knee.