Auditions Part 2 (Liz&Michael) - Request ★

~NOTES~
You need to read part 1 first. Enjoy :)

Alexa's POV
I had my audition a few weeks ago and landed a call back. I'm waiting outside an audition room for my turn.

"Alexa Gillies-Corcoran, we're ready for you now." A blonde woman smiles at me and I follow her into the room.

She looks a little familiar but everyone in this industry has the same look about them. That's what Mom says, anyway.

I place my purse down on an empty chair and then take my mark in front of all the casting directors and the rest of the crew.

"Hi Alexa, I'm Reece, the head of casting. We know who you are, and we've got high expectations." A brunette woman smiles.

"I won't disappoint you." I smile.

"I would have liked to have started straight away but our executive producer is running behind after our last call back." Reece says.

"That's okay." I nod.

"I'll warn you, he can be a little harsh but he speaks only the truth." Reece says.

"This isn't my first call back, I can handle criticism." I say.

Reece smirks a little before a tall man walks in.

Him.

Peter.

I recognise him instantly as the producer who insulted me back when I was nine. All I can do is pray he doesn't remember me.

"Hm, Alexa. I remember you." Peter gives me a forced smile.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't actually remember you. Are you thinking of someone else?" I ask politely, lying through my teeth.

"No, it's definately you. The same stick-thin brunette with huge curly hair. You haven't changed a bit, although I suppose you've gotten paler. Not surprising, considering who your mother is." Peter says.

I bite my tongue to keep from throwing him an even harsher insult back.

"Peter, can we begin? Alexa's resume is rather impressive and we were quite astonished at her first audition so we'd like to see what more talent she can show us." Reece says.

"Aw, you're hoping for talent from Alexa? Please, Reece, you wouldn't know talent if it crawled up your ass." Peter says.

"I-" Reece tries.

"And I wouldn't hold your breath, waiting for talent from Alexa. You could be waiting a long time." Peter says, sitting down in front of me but behind the camera.

"What do you want to see first?" I ask.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with." Reece smiles.

"An audition's purpose isn't to be comfortable. We'll see your dance first, Alexa. I'm in the mood for a good laugh." Peter grins.

I perform my dance when the music starts and throw an acro sequence to finish with, just for the hell of it.

Peter remains stoic, though his jaw is slightly slacked from shock.

"Alexa, that was really quite something. It was fierce, fiery...electric, even." Reece smiles.

"Thank you." I blush.

"I hated it. I've seen better co-ordinated tarantulas and I'll be honest, I don't think you have the right body type to be a dancer." Peter shrugs.

I blink back tears. Mom told me I could leave at any point if I wanted to, but I'm far too stubborn and desperate to prove myself.