Up All Night (Liz&Michael) - Request ★

~NOTES~
This is a Mizabeth chapter, which is Michael and Elizabeth. Enjoy :)

Liz's POV
Michael and I are about to leave the hospital with our new baby girl, Nova.

Liz's POVMichael and I are about to leave the hospital with our new baby girl, Nova

"She's sleeping, babe." Michael says, handing me the carrier once he's put Nova in.

"Lucky her." I say and Michael laughs.

We sign out of the hospital and go down to the car. I sit in the back next to Nova and Michael drives.

Timeskip - Middle Of The Night

I wake up when I hear crying.

"Michael." I whisper. "Michael!" I say shaking him awake.

"Is everything okay?" He asks.

"The baby's crying." I say.

"Okay." He nods and we both go and check on Nova.

"Hey, sweet thing." I coo, lifting her out of her crib and rocking her gently against me.

She stops crying.

"You just want some cuddles, don't you." I laugh softly and Michael kisses her head.

"Look at those big blue eyes." He smiles as Nova looks up at us.

"I could look at her forever." I say.

"Me too, babe." Michael smiles, putting his arm around my waist.

"She's gone back to sleep." I whisper and gently lie Nova back in her crib.

We go back to our bedroom and go back to sleep.

Timeskip - 1 Hour Later

We're woken up a second time by Nova crying again. We go into her bedroom and I change her diaper, then cuddle her.

"Why's she still crying?" I ask Michael, wiping Nova's tears with my thumb.

"This is what babies do, honey." Michael says.

"But it makes me sad." I pout, hugging Nova closer to me.

"Maybe she's too warm." He says, unbuttoning her onesie.

"No, I don't think it's that. I'm going to feed her." I say, untying my robe and starting to breastfeed her.

Nova pulls away almost immediately.

"Well she's not hungry." I say, passing her to Michael and tying my robe back up.

"Oh, she spit up." Michael says, grabbing a muslin and wiping her chin.

"She's back asleep." I whisper and Michael carefully lies her back down in the crib.

Timeskip - 15 Minutes Later

Michael and I are back in Nova's bedroom trying to get her to calm down.

"What else can we do?" He asks.