First Of Many (Liz&Michael) - Request ★

Liz's POV
I'm cuddling with Otis on the couch when Ariana facetimes me.

"Hey dingus." I smile. "What's up?"

"You're not gonna believe this!" Ariana says while running up a set of stairs.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Michael's single." Ariana squeals.

"Shut up!" I gasp.

"You should ask him out!" Ariana giggles.

"If he just broke up with someone he's not going to want another relationship that soon, Ari." I say.

"No, he's been single for like two months but it had just been kept on the down low for publicity reasons." Ariana explains. "I really think you should go for it."

"I'm on a break from filming SDRR right now so it could work." I say, thinking it over.

"Go on! Text him and see if he's free." Ariana says smiling.

"I just don't know. What about the age difference?" I ask.

"Liz, if you're meant to be together then you're meant to be together. No age gap is going to change that, Pringus." Ari says softly and I smile.

"I don't even think I have his number." I say, pausing the face time to scroll through my contacts.

"If not you can always get it from someone at Nickelodeon." Ariana points out.

"No, I've got it." I say, clicking on Michael's contact in my phone.

"Text him." Ariana says excitedly.

"I can't just suddenly text him after like five years." I say.

"Just do it, Liz." Ari sighs.

"Okay okay. What do I say?" I ask, opening iMessage.

"Say hi and ask how he's been and then see if he's busy tomorrow night." Ari says, starting to do her make up.

"What are you getting ready for?" I ask.

"Some cocktail night that Courtney organised." Ariana shrugs.

"Don't get too drunk." I smirk.

"Hey, I am not a lightweight, that's you!" Ari says and I laugh.

"I suppose you're sort of right there." I say.

"Have you texted him yet?" Ari asks.

"Yes, I've sent it." I say, tapping off of iMessage and back on to see Ari's face.

"Good." Ariana says.

Otis starts barking at the door.

"I've got to go because my son is shouting for me." I say and Ari laughs.

"Let me know what Michael says!" Ariana winks.

"Love you, Ari." I say.

"Love you, Liz." She says and we hang up.

Timeskip

I wake up and see a text from Michael. I immediately text Ari and she calls me.

"What did he say?" Ariana asks.

"He said he'd love to meet with me!" I squeal.

"Yes!" Ariana cheers. "My best friend is going to get married!"

"Slow down, it's a first date." I laugh. "He sent me the address of a little bar."

"Do you know where it is?" Ariana asks.

"Yeah, I went there a couple months ago." I say.

"What are you gonna wear?" Ari asks.

"I have no idea. Something kind of casual. I don't want him to think I made a huge effort." I say and she laughs.

"Send me a picture once you've decided." Ari says.

Timeskip

Michael and I are sat at a table in the bar.

"I'll be honest, Liz, I was worried this might be awkward because of our age difference but somehow we get along." Michael says.

"I know, it's because I'm 60 years old inside." I laugh.

"Are you saying I'm 60?" Michael asks, amused.

"No!" I exclaim. "You definately don't look 60." I say, subtly checking him out for the fifth time.

"I'm loosing count of how many times you've done that, Liz." Michael laughs.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I smirk.

"You're so cute." Michael smiles.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Sorry, I probably shouldn't have said that." Michael says, looking away.

"No, it's totally okay." I say softly.

Our eyes meet and we both smile.

"This might sound crazy, I just got out of a relationship, so did you and I'm like 20 years older than you but do you maybe wanna go out again some other time?" Michael asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Yeah?" Michael asks.

"I'd really like to." I smile.

"So have you written any music recently?" Michael asks, sipping his drink.

"I've written a lot of songs but I don't know what the next step is." I say.

"I can always help you." Michael says.

"I'd love that." I say and he smiles.

I look at his lips and eventually look back up to his eyes to find him staring back at me.

"I know it's the first date but can I maybe-" Michael asks and I cut him off.

"Yes." I say.

"You don't know what I'm going to ask yet." Michael chuckles.

"You can kiss me, Michael. In fact if you don't in the next three seconds I'll kiss you." I say.

"Well both of those options have pretty decent outcomes." Michael laughs.

"Come here." I smile, putting my hands on the back of his neck and drawing him closer to me.

We kiss for a minute then slowly pull apart.

"Wow you're hot." Michael breathes out and I laugh.

"You're not bad yourself." I smile.

"What do you say we get out of here?" Michael suggests, nodding towards the door.

"Well you should know that I don't normally sleep with guys on the first date. You might get another kiss if you play your cards right." I tease.

"I wasn't asking for sex. Let's save that." Michael winks and I laugh.

"Let's go." I say.

We walk out of the bar and I take his hand.