Exhausted (Liz&Michael) - Request ★

~NOTES~
I'm updating again sooner than I normally do because this book is/was number 1 in realpeople! Somehow, I managed to combine three requests AND an original idea of mine into this chapter. It's a very long chapter but stick with it because it all works out in the end, and there's a song. ;) This chapter is set when Dynasty was still being filmed and for the sake of one of your requests, Liz is not yet engaged. Enjoy :)

Liz's POV
I'm on set filming a scene with Grant when I go light headed.

"Liz, it's your line." The director says.

"I don't feel great." I say, taking my water bottle from one of the PA's.

"Do you want to sit down?" Grant asks.

"No, I should be good. Let's get the scene done." I say, handing back the water bottle and taking my mark again.

Half way through the scene my vision goes completely white and I fall back until Grant catches me.

"You don't look good, Liz." Grant says.

"It's okay. I can push through and finish the scene." I say, standing up properly.

"No way. We can't have you falling ill on set because you worked too hard." One of the producers says.

"Really, I'm fine. You're making a big deal out of nothing." I say.

"This is the fourth time in three days this has happened to you." The director says.

"I've got a nurse on call at my house and she'll treat me when I go home. I'm fine." I tell them.

"Sorry Liz, we're sending you home." The PA says and I groan.

Timeskip

I get home and the nurse puts me on medication then tells me to stay in bed before going downstairs with Michael. Otis lays on my stomach and I fuss him gently.

Michael walks in.

"So can I go back to work?" I ask, getting out of bed.

"No, babe. Did you hear the nurse when she was talking to you?" Michael asks.

"Yes but-" I start.

"Liz, you are medically exhausted." Michael says.

"I know, babe. I know that. But I still have to work." I say.

"I can't watch you continue to put yourself at risk by working when you're sick." Michael says.

"Why is everyone acting like I'm dying?" I complain.

"Because you don't seem to understand how serious this is, honey." Micheal says.

"It's basically tiredness. How serious can it get?" I ask.

"Liz, if you're not careful then it could take at least eleven weeks to recover or you could be hospitalised." Michael says.

"I hate hospitals. That stupid doctor hit on me while I was there with Matt." I say.

"Exactly, you don't want to be back there." Michael says.

"I don't want to be stuck here forever, either." I groan.

"I take a little offence to that, I won't lie." Michael says and I giggle.

"I didn't mean it like that." I say before yawning.

"You need to rest. Let me look after you for a while." Michael says, helping me back into bed.

"My stomach hurts." I groan.

"It's probably all the stress you're going through." Michael says, tucking the covers over me.

"No. No!" I exclaim, trying to get out of bed as my stomach tightens.