Siblings? (Liz) - Request ★

~NOTES~
I now I posted a day ago, but this book just hit 10K reads and I wanted to say the biggest thank you! Plus, this chapter is too exciting. I had chills when I was writing this. What an awesome request! Enough said. Enjoy :)

Liz's POV
I recently adopted a teenage girl named Bella and today I'm meeting Ariana and Matt to tell them about her.

I'm getting ready to leave the house.

"Thanks for coming over, Raf." I say to Rafael.

"It's no problem." Rafael smiles.

"I really appreciate it. Help yourself to anything at all and I'll be home before dinner so don't worry about Bella eating. If there's any issues, call me straight away." I ramble.

"Liz, relax." Rafael chuckles. "I got this."

Bella walks downstairs.

"Do you need anything, hun?" I ask.

"No. Why can't I come with you?" Bella asks, crossing her arms.

"Bella, if I was allowed to, I would. Your social worker said I can't introduce you to too many people yet. I'm sorry." I say softly.

"Okay fine. But I don't need a babysitter. I'm 14." Bella says, glaring at Rafael.

"Rafael isn't going to babysit you. He's just here for some company and if you ask him nicely, he might let you do his make up." I say, pulling on my jacket.

"Fine." Bella sighs.

"Be good." I smile, hugging her.

"Liz." Bella whispers.

"Yeah?" I ask, looking down at her.

She starts fiddling with my jacket.

"When you come home, can we, like, maybe...I don't know, just...you know...watch a movie? Or something? We don't have to. Forget it." Bella says, getting embarrassed and stepping backwards.

"Hey." I pull her back towards me. "Of course we can." I kiss her head.

"Really?" Bella asks, looking up at me.

"Really." I nod, smiling.

Timeskip

I meet Ariana and Matt at a coffee shop and we sit down after ordering.

"Liz, what's the big news?" Ariana asks, excited.

"Spill the beans, gal." Matt smiles.

"Well, I've adopted a child." I smile.

"Woah! That's so amazing!" Matt smiles.

"Congratulations! Who are they?" Ariana asks.

"Her name is Bella, she's 14 and she moved in about a week ago. She's kinda shy but she acts tough." I explain.

"I'm so happy for you." Ariana smiles.

"I'm sure Bella will warm up to you soon. Kids in the adoption system are often vulnerable." Matt says.

"You would know." Ariana smirks.

"So would you." Matt smiles back.

"What's going on?" I ask, looking between them.

"Basically, we both adopted a kid each too!" Matt blurts out.

"No way!" I exclaim.

"Yes way!" Ariana giggles.

"When?!" I ask.

"I signed papers last month and my adoptive son moved in two days ago." Matt says.

"Tell us about him!" I smile.