Surprise (Liz&Micheal) - Request ★

~NOTES~
This was a cute request, although it is kinda sad in the middle but I promise it has a happy ending. Light sexual content at the end of this chapter so if that's not your thing, skip it. If that is your thing, good for you. Enjoy :)

Liz's POV
I get home from the cast party wearing Stacey's fake pregnancy bump from the show. I walk into the closet upstairs and see Michael.

"Hey babe." I say.

Michael turns around to face me and bursts out laughing.

"I love that, Liz." Michael laughs.

"That's good." I smile.

"You're hilarious sometimes." Michael says.

"I am?" I ask.

"Yes, babe." Michael chuckles.

"Michael, you understand what I'm telling you, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. You stole this fake pregnancy bump from set." Michael says, holding his hands against the fake bump.

"Well, yes. But I'm actually telling you something." I say.

"Wait." Michael says.

"I'm waiting." I say.

"Hold on." Michael says.

"I'm holding on." I smile.

"Shut up." Michael exclaims.

"I'm shutting up." I nod.

"Are you pregnant?" Michael asks.

"I would answer that but you just told me to shut up." I smirk.

"Liz." Michael says slowly.

"I'm pregnant. We're going to have a baby, Michael!" I smile, hugging him.

"We...we are?" Michael asks.

"Yes! Isn't that great?" I say, pulling back.

"Uh, yeah, it's definitely something." Michael nods.

"You don't seem so enthusiastic." I say, worried.

"I want to have a baby with you, I do. But is now the right time?" Michael asks.

"Well Michael, it's a little late now." I say, raising my voice.

"That's not my fault!" Michael says.

"I didn't say it was! And anyway, it takes a man and a woman to make a baby so we can't exactly argue who's to blame!" I point out.

"Can we not fight?" Michael sighs.

"We're not fighting but you really need to start saying some of the right things." I say.

"I need some air." Michael says, walking out.

"I just told you we're expecting and you're seriously walking out on me?" I yell, near tears.

"I'll come back." Michael says from downstairs.

"Says every man ever!" I yell as I hear the front door close.

I take off the fake pregnancy bump and sink to the floor crying.

Otis runs in and jumps into my lap.

"I thought he would be happy, Otis. He's the best Daddy to you and Lucy and I guess I just assumed he would want to be a father to a child we made together. It's not fair! I mean okay, I kind of sprung this on him but I didn't expect him to react this badly. What if he never comes back? What have I done, Otis?" I sob.

Timeskip - Michael's POV

I get home after thinking things over. As soon as I open the door I hear Liz belting from the music room.