Can't Sleep (Liz&Michael) - Request ★

Liz's POV
I wake up because the baby in my belly keeps moving around. I groan and turn over to face Michael who's sleeping.

"Lucky bitch." I hiss.

Otis comes up to the top of the bed and I fuss him gently.

"Liz?" Michael asks, starting to wake up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to wake you." I say.

"It's fine, are you okay?" Michael asks, switching on the lamp.

"The baby is moving too much. I'm boiling hot, fidgety, uncomfortable, sweaty, nauseous
and I have to pee every thirty minutes." I complain.

"Oh, hun. Tell me what I can do to help." Michael says sympathetically.

"Can you carry this baby?" I ask.

"Uh..well...no." Michael says slowly.

"Exactly." I sigh annoyed.

"But I can do anything else. Whatever you need, I'm here." Michael says.

"Can you get me an iced water and a watermelon?" I ask.

"It's 3A.M so the watermelon might be tricky but it's a definite on the ice water." Michael smiles, kissing my head and getting out of bed.

"There's watermelon in the refrigerator." I say, sitting up in bed.

"I'll see what I can find." Michael says before walking out.

"Are you looking forward to meeting your little baby brother?" I say to Otis. "I sure am. I think you'll have loads of fun together and apparently he's very active."

I hold one of my hands against my baby bump and stroke Otis with my free hand.

"Michael and I were trying for this baby for ages. I truly thought it wasn't gonna happen but then it did and all I want now is to meet our baby. I can't believe we're having a boy." I say.

"We're having a boy?"

I turn to see Michael stood in the doorway with a plate of watermelon and an iced water.

"I didn't say that." I say.

"Yes you did." Michael says, putting everything on the nightstand and getting on the bed, hovering over me.

He cups my face with his hands.

"Michael..." I whisper.

"Is there a little boy in there?" Michael asks, getting choked up as he rests his hands on my belly.

"Yes." I smile, tearing up.

"Oh my god!" Michael gasps, covering his mouth with his hand as tears start to fall.

"I know you wanted it to be a surprise for you, I'm sorry." I apologise, wiping his tears with my thumb.

"I don't care. Liz, are we really having a boy?" Michael asks shakily.

"Yes." I nod, smiling as he leans in and kisses me passionately.

"I'm so happy right now, babe." Michael smiles, sitting next to where I'm lying on the bed.

"I can tell, honey. I am too." I grin, trying to sit up.

"Here." Michael says, quickly helping me sit up against the pillows.

"Thanks." I say, supporting my baby bump.

"Now that I know it's a boy too, can we go baby clothes shopping tomorrow? Ah, we can get more toys and blankets and books and everything!" Michael says, getting excited.

"We can do whatever you want." I chuckle.

"I wanna get more stuff for his nursery." Michael says.

"Alright." I nod, trying to get comfortable.

"You good?" Michael asks.

"I love being pregnant but sometimes I feel like crap." I admit.

"It's okay, I'm here." Michael says softly, cuddling me into his side and stroking my arm.

"I know you're here." I yawn, snuggling even closer to him.

"Why don't you try and sleep, Liz?" Michael suggests, moving hair from my face.

"How am I supposed to sleep with the corn song stuck in my head?" I groan and Michael laughs.

"Think of a different song." Michael says.

"Ow!" I wince, grabbing my belly.

"What is it? Is everything okay?" Michael asks instantly.

"I think our son felt a little left out of our cuddle session. Either that or he wants to break my ribs. Ow! Holy shit, this hurts." I whine.

"I'm sure he doesn't want to break your ribs." Michael chuckles. "I'm sorry that you're in pain."

"It's fine, just, keep holding me, please." I ask.

"Of course." Michael smiles, kissing the top of my head.

"We still need a name for him." I say.

"We've got some time, sweetie." Michael says.

"I know." I yawn again.

"Seriously, try and settle." Michael says, moving his hands to my belly and rubbing circles against the bump with light pressure.

"Oh, wow. That feels good." I sigh, relaxing.

"Yeah?" Michael asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"You look the most peaceful I've seen you in weeks." Michael says, looking at me as he continues to rub over the bump.

"I feel peaceful." I murmur, closing my eyes.

"Just relax." Michael soothes.

"Michael, will you sing to me?" I ask, opening my eyes.

"Liz...." Michael groans, trailing off.

"I love you." I say.

"Don't think that every time you tell me you love me that you'll get your way." Michael says.

"Sing to me? I love you." I ask sweetly.

"Okay." Michael smiles. "I love you back."

"Are you gonna keep your hands there?" I ask, watching as Michael moves his hands around gently on my belly.

"Do you want my hands here?" Michael asks.

"Yes." I mutter, slowly closing my eyes again.

"Then I'll keep my hands here." Michael says, continuing to rub my baby bump before starting to sing.