Bubba (Liz&Michael) - Request ★

~NOTES~
Yes, this whole chapter is Liz and Michael losing their dog Bubba. I'm sorry. I've never lost a dog, but my hamster did die when I was a kid but I don't really think that's the same kinda thing... Anyway, it's a pretty heavy Oneshot. If anyone wants to talk, I'm here.

Liz's POV
I'm leaving set to go home. I get a text from Michael and we message back and fourth.

 I get a text from Michael and we message back and fourth

I get in the car with my driver.

"What up, Liz." My driver Sam smiles.

"Hey Sam. Can you drive pretty quick please?" I ask.

"I'll do what I can. What's the rush?" Sam asks.

"Pet emergency." I say.

"Enough said." Sam nods, starting to drive.

Timeskip

I get home and walk in the front door, throwing my jacket and bag down as I walk through the kitchen to the living room.

"Michael?" I yell as Otis and Lucy bound up to me.

"Basement!" Michael yells back.

"Come babies." I tap my thigh and Otis and Lucy follow me downstairs.

I find Michael sat on one of the beanbags with Bubba cradled in his arms.

"Liz." Michael mumbles.

"Is he okay?" I ask, rushing over to him.

"The fuck do you think?" Michael snaps.

"It'll be alright, let's get him to the vet." I say, grabbing one of the dog blankets from the basket.

"It's a forty minute drive." Michael says.

"That's nothing. Come on." I say, gently taking Bubba and wrapping in the blanket in my arms.

"Will you call the vet on the way?" Michael asks, following me back upstairs.

"Yeah of course." I say, passing him the car keys.

I take my phone into my back pocket and my sunglasses before walking out of the house.

I sit in the front passenger seat with Bubba in my lap in the blanket.

"Will you be mad if I drive fast?" Michael asks, pulling off the drive.

"I won't love it." I say. "But I understand so do whatever you need to do."

"Have you got any of his documents with you?" Michael asks me.

"No, babe. The vet will have those and we've each got copies on our phones if not." I say.

"Can you please call the vet so they can be ready?" Michael asks.

"Yes." I grab my phone and find the number in my contacts.