Feelings (Liz&Adam) - Request ★

~NOTES~
This is on the angsty side but it's short. I'm very sorry to the hardcore Mizabeth shippers for what you're about to read. This chapter is set when Dynasty is finished filming. Enjoy :)

Liz's POV
I'm waiting for Michael to come home when my phone rings. I see it's Adam and I answer.

"Hello." I say.

"Hi. How are you?" Adam asks.

"I'm good thanks. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm doing alright. Listen, do you wanna go out for a drink?" Adam asks.

"Yeah. When?" I ask, putting food down for the dogs.

"I'll pick you up in two hours?" Adam suggests.

"Works for me." I nod.

"Cool." Adam says.

"Where did you have in mind? So I can dress appropriately." I say.

"Well your casual is my formal so just throw anything on." Adam laughs.

"I'll see you in a bit." I smile and hang up.

I text Michael my plans and head upstairs to get ready.

Timeskip

Adam and I pull up outside a bar. I get out of the car.

"Are you kidding me?" I ask.

"What?" Adam asks.

"There's hardly anyone in there." I say, gesturing to the bar.

"You don't like being recognised." Adam says.

"Yeah but any bar in Atlanta that's almost completely empty has to be shady." I say.

"Do you want a south side or not?" Adam smirks and I close the car door.

"Extra mint?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Always." Adam smiles.

"I can't believe they wrote my favourite drink into the show." I say as we walk into the bar.

"Dynasty?" Adam asks.

"No Adam, Victorious." I playfully roll my eyes.

"No need to get all sarcastic. Grab a table and I'll get the drinks." Adam says.

"Do you want some money?" I ask, opening my purse.

"It's on me." Adam says.

"Thank you. I'll get the next round." I say, sitting at a table.

I watch Adam get the drinks and walk over to me. We sit and talk about auditions for a while.

"So how come you wanted to go out for a drink?" I ask, sipping my south side.

"No real reason." Adam shrugs.

"For an actor you're a terrible liar." I say.

"Liz, this is awkward because I know you don't share the same feelings I do." Adam starts.

"Feelings?" I ask.

"Let me finish?" Adam asks softly.

I nod.

"I've got feelings for you, Liz. Strong feelings, and I have for a while now. It was eating me alive by not saying anything so I had to tell you but I don't-" Adam rambles until I cut him off.

"Oh my god." I groan, looking away.

"Are you mad?" Adam asks.

I look back at him.

"You're mad." Adam says.

"I am mad but I'm mad at me. And I'm mad at you but mostly me." I say.

"Why are you mad at yourself?" Adam asks.

"I have feelings for you too." I blurt out.

"Umm, I meant feelings, feelings. Like romantic feelings." I explain.

"I know." Liz nods.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Adam asks.

"Because I'm fucking married, Adam." I exclaim, putting my head in my hands.

"I know. I know and I'm so sorry." Adam apologises.

"I thought if I didn't say anything and we didn't see each other as much then it would all just go away." I say and my voice breaks.

"I shouldn't have said anything." Adam says.

"No you shouldn't have." I say.

"Liz I'm sorry." Adam says.

"I'm sorry too." I say.

"Wow, I hate myself now." Adam laughs.

"Don't hate yourself. You were brave enough to say what we were both thinking." I say.

"Did you know I liked you?" Adam asks.

"After a while I caught on. It was kinda fun to watch you get flustered every time you had to speak to me." I giggle.

"That's mean!" Adam smirks.

"Why did you wait so long to tell me?" I ask.

"Honestly, I didn't want to ruin our chemistry on Dynasty." Adam admits.

"Chemistry? I think you mean raging sexual tension." I say and he laughs.

"When did you start getting feelings for me?" Adam asks.

"In the last few episodes we were filming. I thought about not seeing you every day and my chest would physically hurt but I realised I wanted to see you every day and I want to wake up to you every morning and go to bed with you every night." I ramble, welling up with tears.

"But?" Adam prompts.

"But I love Michael. I can't imagine my life without him and I could never ever cheat on him." I say, wiping my eyes.

"I'm not asking you to have an affair, Liz!" Adam exclaims.

"I want to kiss you but I wouldn't dream of being unfaithful to my husband." I say.

"Then I'll go." Adam says.

"I don't want that either." I say.

"What do we do now?" Adam asks.

"I don't know." I sigh.