Lockdown (Liz&Michael)

~NOTES~
This chapter is about Coronavirus so it could be triggering for some if you lost someone to Covid or struggled yourself. There are more Mizabeth oneshots to come but feel free to leave me a request as I am still very much hyper fixated on them! Anyway, this is pretty fluffy, actually, because we all need more Mizabeth fluff in our lives. Enjoy :)

3rd Person POV

Michael comes home to Liz sat on the couch with the dogs.

"There you are. You haven't returned my calls." Michael says, petting the dogs.

"Sorry." Liz shrugs.

"What happened?" Michael asks.

Liz shows him the email on her phone screen, reading 'Production of CW's dynasty SHUT DOWN until further notice due to coronavirus outbreak'.

"That really sucks, babe. I'm sorry. Are you still worried about the virus?" Michael asks.

"How could I not be?" Liz asks.

"I don't blame you, but I do think that things are going to be okay." Michael says.

"You don't know that." Liz mumbles.

"You're right, I don't." Michael says, sitting down next to her.

"Don't!" Liz exclaims, jumping up from the couch. "I don't wanna give it to you if I have it."

"So are we not going to go near each other?" Michael asks.

"Not if we can help it." Liz says.

"I know it's scary but I'm here for you. We're perfectly healthy and we've had fairly limited contact with people these last few weeks." Michael explains.

"I'm not taking any risks." Liz says stubbornly.

"I'm not asking you to, babe. But
when we go out-" Michael starts.

"Michael, I'm not leaving the house." Liz says sternly.

"I understand that you're scared, Liz, but it's not a zombie apocalypse. At the end of the day, yeah I'll do whatever makes you happy but we can't put our lives on hold for the next however many months." Michael says.

"Our wedding." Liz blurts out.

"It'll all be over by then." Michael says.

"Our parents." Liz says, panicking.

"They'll be safe." Michael nods.

"Our jobs!" Liz exclaims, running her hands through her hair.

"We'll get back to them." Michael says.

Liz's hands are sweating.

The room is spinning.

"Michael I can't breathe." Liz gasps, holding her hand against her chest.

"Alright, okay." Michael says, offering her his hand which she grabs tightly. "Deep breaths."

"I can't." Liz says, voice shaking.

"I believe in you." Michael assures her.

Liz knees buckle and she falls forward. Michael catches her.

"I might pass out." Liz murmurs, trembling against him.

"You're fine. Listen to my heartbeat." Michael says gently, resting her head against his chest.

"I still can't breathe." Liz says after a few minutes, shivering.

"I'm gonna get you some water, okay." Michael says, running to the sink and pouring a glass of water.