3 Months (Liz&OC)

Nat:

Nat's Tattoos:

Nat's Tattoos:

Nat's POVLiz and I are in my apartment

Nat's POV
Liz and I are in my apartment. We're washing up after breakfast.

"When do you want to meet my parents?" Liz asks.

"What?" I say.

"It's just they've been asking about you for ages now." She says, putting the plates away.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm ready for that yet." I say.

"When do you think you will be ready?" She asks.

"I don't know. It's a big step." I say.

"Do you think you'll be ready by next Saturday?" Liz asks and I turn to face her.

"Why?" I ask.

"Don't hate me, but I got us both a plane ticket to New Jersey next Saturday and we're going to have dinner with my parents and my brother at my old house." Liz tells me.

"You made plans for us without telling me?" I ask, putting the dish towel on the counter.

"I didn't think it would be a problem, I'm sorry." Liz apologises.

"Did it ever cross your mind that maybe I don't want to meet your parents?" I ask.

"You've never said anything that made me think you didn't before now!" She exclaims.

"This relationship is going too fast." I say shaking my head.

"Nat, it really isn't. We've been together for three months, you've stayed at my place once, we've had sex twice-" She rambles and I cut her off.

"So that's what this is about. Liz, if you want to have sex, just fucking tell me!" I yell.

"I can't 'just fucking tell you' because you're never in the mood!" She yells.

"Then maybe you just need to shut up for five minutes, and listen to what I have to say." I yell.

She throws the other dish towel at my chest and walks out.

"Babe that's not what I meant." I say but she storms out of the apartment.

Timeskip - 8 Hours Later

I knock on Liz's door with a bouquet of flowers in my hand.

She opens the door.

"I'm queer." I say, handing her the flowers.

"Okay. Do you want to come in?" She asks, amused.

"Sure." I say, walking in and closing the door behind me.

"So you've decided you're queer." Liz says.

"Yeah." I say. "And if you're not okay with that then we can't move forward."

"Nat, I'm perfectly okay with that." Liz says and I smile. "I love you wether you're a boy or a girl."

"Well, I don't think I'm either." I say. "Wait, hold on. You love me?"

"Sorry, it just slipped out. I know it's way too soon." She says, sitting on the couch.

"It's alright. Three months is enough for me to know that I love you too." I shrug, sitting next to her.

"You love me?" Liz asks smiling.

"How could I not?" I say. "But we do need to talk about this morning." I turn to face her on the couch.

"Nat, I'm really sorry for the way I spoke to you. I was frustrated and everything I said sounded like a criticism." Liz says.

I reach for her hand and take it in mine.

"I'm sorry too. I never meant to hurt you but I got caught up in screaming everything I've wanted to say for about a month now." I say.

"Me too. We just need to work on communicating with each other, that's all." She says.

"I do want to have sex with you. I'm just a little confused about who I am and I was worried that it would reflect in bed." I admit.

"I don't want you to feel self-conscious about your body when you're with me, especially during sex. If you want to wait, that's fine. Equally, if you want to jump my bones right here, that's fine too." Liz says and I laugh.

"As appealing as that sounds, we have more to talk about." I say.

"Okay." Liz nods.

"I would like to meet your parents, and your brother, but can we take baby steps?" I ask.

"Of course." Liz says.

"I want to meet your brother first, if that's okay. Maybe in a bar here in Atlanta." I suggest.

"That's fine, I'll call him in a bit." Liz smiles.

"We can still fly out to New Jersey, but do you think we can meet your parents for dinner in a restaurant first? I don't think I'm ready to go to your childhood home just yet." I say.

"Yeah, that sounds great. We can look for a restaurant together." She says and I nod.

Timeskip

We're in the backyard on the outdoor couch. Liz is sat between my legs facing outwards with my arms around her.

"Can you get a week off work?" She asks.

"What for?" I ask.

"I have to fly to Paris to film for dynasty. I was hoping you would come with me and we could get a hotel room for the week." Liz suggests.

"That sounds amazing." I nod.

I start kissing her neck.

"Nat." She moans.

"Mm." I hum.

"Keep going." She says, closing her eyes.

I pick her up and turn around in my lap so we're facing each other.

She grips my hoodie.

"I am stealing this hoodie, though." She says, running her hands up my sides.

"Fine by me." I say as she puts her hands under my hoodie. "Hey, can I stay over tonight?"