Chapter 41

Recap

I looked at the ground following him like a kicked puppy as I really wanted to pet his tail.

Y/n's pov

"Please Al?" I whined once more while we were sitting on the couch.

"Darling my answer is still the same." He replied plainly as he read his book.

I groaned in annoyance making him laugh. Al had come back from whatever he does and we were sat on the couch. I had spent the last couple of days trying to pet his tail to no avail. I sat there thinking of something when I had a idea.

"Fine then I'm not speaking to you." I exclaimed looking away from him crossing my arms and closing my eyes.

I heard him close his book as the wait on the couch shifted. Soon I was lifted up into his lap as his lips grazed my ear making me gasp.

"You don't mean that right?" He whispered.

I stayed silent as Al sighed at my response he rubbed his head into my neck. A wide smile grew on his face making me confused. I squeaked as he spun me around with a knowing smile.

"Well than I guess I'll just have to cancel our date." He exclaimed.

I gasped narrowing my eyes at him shaking my head frantically signaling not to.

"And I had found a speakeasy to go to. Such a shame that we'll have to cancel because you've gone mute." He sighed faking a disappointed tone.

I groaned not giving in to his actions but this matter at hand had me rethinking his actions. I looked at his face for any sign of him bluffing about the speakeasy. He seemed to notice my confidence faltering and smiled.

"Ah yes this specific speakeasy was one I spent a lot of time at after my kills while I was alive anyway." He exclaimed cheerfully.

My eyes widened and a smile broke out on my face. I opened my mouth to say something and Al's smile widened but I quickly closed it narrowing my eyes at him. Smirking I shook my head as he growled slightly at my stubbornness.

"Well I guess I will go by myself." He explained lifting me up and setting me on the couch.

He snapped his fingers and a black cloud of smoke covered his body soon disappearing reveling his human form. He had on a nice white button up, crimson red vest and bow with black pants. He had a pair of glasses rested on his nose while his hair was shorter but still fluffy at the top. I blushed at his human form he was so handsome it was a miracle he was even dating me he probably could have any girl in the world. He began walking towards the door and I quickly scrambled towards him shaking my head and spreading out my hands signaling no.

"What is it darling do you want to come?" He asked sweetly.

I nodded my head rapidly signaling yes to which he smirked at me.

"I'm sorry darling but you can't you just seem to have lost your voice." He explained.

I growled before thinking about my options opening my mouth I closed it only for him to say and walk past me.

"Well looks like I'm going alone." He stated opening the door.

"Wait, can I go?" I muttered quietly not wanting to fully give in.

"I'm sorry love did you say something." He hummed.

"Can I go?" I asked a bit louder.

"Well of course darling it's a miracle you can speak again." He replied.

"Yeah whatever. Can I go get ready?" I asked.

"Of course." He exclaimed taking my hand and dragging me upstairs.

"Um what are you doing?" I asked as he sat on the bed.

"Well darling I want to see what you decide on and I want to see." He replied quickly.

"Ha! Very funny out you'll see it in a bit." I laughed pointing towards the door.

"Fine." He groaned walking out of my room.

I rushed to the closet shifting threw my clothes I ended up finding a beautiful red dress it was short with long sleeves so it would be warm but not to hot laying that on my bed I ran into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I put my hair half up half down and curled/straightened it. My makeup was a natural shiny eyeshadow and eyeliner with a red bold lip. I looked myself over deciding it was good so I did a small twirl laughing slightly. Grabbing a pair of red heels I slid those on.

(That's what it looks like you can change it

(That's what it looks like you can change it.)

Walking down the steps I saw Al stood by the door twirling his staff as he muttered something about me not letting him stay in the room. I laughed at the comment quietly making his head snap in my direction. His eyes widened when he saw me and I gave a soft wave. I continued walking down the steps as he quickly scrambled to me when he processed my outfit. He smiled wildly as he stared at me he said nothing so I shifted on my feet slightly.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"Lovely darling absolutely beautiful... no not beautiful gorgeous but even that doesn't do justice. Hang on let me think of a word hell I'll even make on up if I have to." He explained happily.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm as he spun me while he thought. His smile grew as he snapped his fingers.

" you look ravishing darling. A total moll but you are quite the Bearcat." He exclaimed happily cupping my face which I quickly swatted off.

"Two things first do not smudge the masterpiece and second what in the world is Bearcat and moll?" I asked.

"20s slang mon amour!" He happily called.

"Yeah but what does it mean?" I asked again.

"Well Moll means a beautiful women but it is mostly used by gangsters in the 1920s and Bearcat is a women with a fierce personality." He explained.

"Ok that makes sense and thank you very much." I replied cheerfully.

"Not a problem my doe now we should be on our way out." He said holding out his arm as i wrapped mine around his in return.

////////////////////////

A/n

Chapter 41 is finished as always stay safe and stay tuned.