The Unknown Element

A gasp escaped my lips as I awoke. I panted slightly as I scanned around the room I was in. It was like a cell. I went to stand but felt something around my wrists and ankles, I looked to see chains.

"Where am I? What even is this place?" I thought and looked down at my stomach. I managed to lift my black shirt up to reveal my stomach wound was wrapped in bandages.

"Didn't I die?" I mumbled. I heard the sound of keys rustling and looked up, the door of my cell opening as a guy entered. "Well, look who's awake!" He exclaimed cheerfully.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked, puzzled by what was going on. "I thought I died...Is it even possible to revive someone?"

He giggled mischievously "Oh dear, you never died. I had some help searching for you and I have to say...Your power was incredibly difficult to absorb." He explained while holding his staff. I glared "You stole my power?" I hissed.

"Yes, I did! And I'll steal all of your little friend's powers while I'm at it" he smirked. This made me gasp "My friends?"

"Don't you harm them!" I roared. He smirked "Take it away Clouse." He exited the room as a different guy entered, holding a spell book.

~~~

Aching pain went through my body as I rested against the wall. My arms were burnt from those spells that Clouse used on me. I'm being forced to obey Chen's orders. It's been days.

I feel so exhausted.

I coughed and spit out blood as it landed on the ground. I frowned. A girl was nice enough to give me food that Chen had refused to give me.

Her name was Skylor. I like her, she seems pretty nice...

I heard keys rustling but ignored it, I leaned against the wall as my eyes closed.

Someone gasped "Asteria...?"

I looked up and saw Cole and Zane. My eyes widened "Cole? Zane?" I asked.

"You're alive!" Cole said and ran to me as he hugged me, I slightly hugged back since my hands and legs were cuffed. Tears formed in his eyes as Zane came over and unlocked my chains and helped me up. I embraced Zane and sighed "It's so good to see you..."

Zane smiled "We're both glad to see you Asteria." He said as we pulled away from eachother. I nod "Now. Are we getting out of here or what?"

Cole nods "Yeah. Come on" he said and we left the cell, going through the tunnel. Throughout the walking Zane asked me "If I may ask...What happened to you? You're all beaten up..."

"Oh well...Chen and Clouse have been using me as one of their prisoners." I explained and Cole looked over "What? Are you okay at least?"

"Yes, I'm okay. Let's just focus at the task at hand." I kept a stern and serious expression on.

~~~

Zane spoke up "Wait- not that way, it'll only lead us back to where we started" he said. "Unh. Maybe you should be leading..." Cole said and grumbled.