The Cook-Off

Lloyd and Junior stared at all of us. "I hope there's an explanation for all of this?" Bean sprout raised an eyebrow.

We looked at each other and Sora replied, "There is."

"It might sound a little weird, though." I shrugged. Junior rolled his eyes, "Sis, all of you went out for food and came back covered in it. It's already weird."

~~~

"This is not okay!" Sora exclaimed as I followed her and everyone else. "We're late for the cook-off!"

We arrived at the line and I looked at Cole as he spoke, "You say the Crossroads have the best noodles? But, I swear...Chen's noodle house cannot be beaten."

Sora turned to him, "You brought outside noodles to the Crossroads noodle cook-off?" She asked. "What if I don't like the noodles here?" Cole smirked, "I'm not gonna go hungry."

"Yeah, you always steal food from my bag." I grunted. "You have the good snacks" the earth ninja replied. Sora walked to Cole, "Here, try this" she held out a different bowl of noodles and he tried them.

He shuddered, "Bleh. Too many competing tastes."

"Not my fault you like noodles with no flavor."

I heard a citizen speak, "What is that?" And pointed to the sky. We looked to see 2 Ice Dragons flying down towards all of us.

"Those Ice Dragons are in attack formation! Run!"

We jumped out the way as the Dragons breathed their element. A Lava-Tide nearby exclaimed, "Those Ice Dragons intend to harm me! For no reason! Defend my honor!"

Kai narrowed his eyes, "Hey, we're gonna protect everyone. I'm not sure your honor has anything to do with..."

"Not you!" The Lava-Tide shouted, "My chefs!" It pointed to the other Lava-Tides. I watched as they shot fire off their heads.

I scowled, "They're just upsetting the Dragons more. You guys handle one of the Dragons near the ground, I'll try and calm down the other one!"

I ran off and jumped, flying in the air as I transformed into my Dragon form, flying off to go find the other Ice Dragon.

~~~

I patted both of the Ice Dragon's head, back in my human form as Arin walked over. I held my arms out and took the eggs, turning to the Dragons.

"Here. Your eggs" I smiled. The two Dragons nuzzle their heads into me and I chuckled from their scales brushing my body.

The Dragons took their eggs and flew off. I heard the noise of an oven and looked, seeing the Lava-Tide's oven malfunctioning and it exploded, noodles shooting out and landing all over the place.

~~~

Lloyd and Junior stared at us in disbelief. "We might've given the dragon eggs back, but the Crossroads will be cleaning up noodles for a week." Nadine sighed.

"But, get this—" Cole chimed in, "The Crossroad noodles mixed in with my noodles. It's the perfect bend!"

"He's not lying" Sora replied. "Yeah, but what about us? I'm getting hungry now." Junior crossed his arms. "Yeah, you guys were supposed to bring lunch back for us" Lloyd raised an eyebrow.

"I already got that handled." I smirked and pulled out 2 bowl of noodles from my bag, pulling the lids off. "Yes!" Junior and Lloyd grabbed the noodles and started devouring them down.

I laughed with the others at the scene and I glanced at Junior. A soft smile formed on my lips. If I can find Junior, I can find the rest...

I hope their safe.