Golem

We stood outside the cave as Arrakore approached us. Sora spoke, "We had an amazing time Arrakore. You're a great chef."

Nadine nods "And a good singer. Sounds like mom's singing."

I raised an eyebrow and ruffled her head, she giggled. Arrakore smiled "Feasting and heroic song is the only way to celebrate victory over Howlers. Plus, it gave me time to recover to wield some wish magic again."

"I doubt I could grant any major wishes. But a small one like yours should be within my fragile power."

Nya nods, "I wish we could locate the missing Dragon energy core."

He used his power, handing the energy to Nya as a compass formed. He groaned and Sora went to his side, "Arrakore."

"It is okay, ninja Sora." He reassured. "My strength will grow back with time and pratice."

"This thing, what? Acts like a kind of compass?" Nya asked. Nadine tilts her head while watching, Bailey tilts his head as well. Arrakore nods "Yes. It will point you towards the item you seek."

"Thank you, Arrakore. We appreciate it." I smile. Sora, Riyu and Nya got on Jiro and Zanth while I turned to my Dragon form, Nadine and Bailey getting on and we flew in the sky, following where the compass pointed.

~~~

We arrived at a sort of junkyard and landed. Nadine got down and I turned back human as Nya and Sora walked with us.

We stopped for a moment as Nya held out the compass, "This is where the magic compass led us. And now the arrows just spinning. We must be close. What is this place?"

I hummed "Some sort of junkyard? We should try and look around."

As we walked around, there was a sudden rumble. Sora yelled "Do you know what's happening?!"

"No! Why would I know?!" Nadine yelled back. A geyser went off, sending trash to the ground and Riyu landed on top of Sora. "Huh...Trash geysers?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That's even more strange..." Nya said and glanced at me. "Some of this stuff is brand new" Sora stood as she faced us, "And some looks like it's from Imperium. I'm still not seeing a Dragon Core."

There was a clunk and we looked, seeing two kids from afar and then they took off.

"Hey, you!" Nya called and we ran after the three kids. "Wait up! We need to talk to you!" Sora called. "Slow down!!" Nadine exclaimed.

~~~

We've been chasing them for a while. Sora called out, "Please! Stop! We just want to talk!"

A Golem suddenly walked out in front of us, we were sent back from the gravity of the Golem's foot. I looked up as it shouted "No one touches these children!"

It tried to swing at us but we jumped back. Nadine ran to the Golem. "Wait Nadine!" I shouted, "My spell hasn't fully worked on you! Your shoulder!"

However, she didn't listen as she jumped kicked at the Golem but it sent her back. She screamed, rolling across the ground. My eyes widened and I turned to the Golem as Nya and Sora were hit back by it.

I clenched my teeth and turned to my Dragon form. I let out a roar as my front claw stomped on the ground and I dashed at the Golem. His eyes widened as I lunged at him, biting onto his rock form and threw him.

He landed harsh to the ground and he gasped. He prompted himself up by his elbow and looked up at me, "That Dragon form...It's you."

My eyes widen, recognizing that voice. I stood on all fours and Nya pulled her hood down as the Golem stood.

"Cole? Is that you?"