Countdown

I laid motionless on the ground at Garmadon's feet. His toothy sinister smile widened as the black color drained from my skin. I hacked up a dark liquid gasping for air. Some of the foreign liquid stained the ground, while the rest was absorbed into my body.

I forced myself to stand, wiping away the liquid that dripped from the corners of my mouth. My movements awkward and strained, like a puppet on strings.

All of the colors faded from my figure leaving me with a dull monochrome color scheme.

When I finally opened my eyes, they glowed a foreboding magenta. I felt no warmth or life. I was but an empty husk filled with bitter revenge.

-Let's stop right there and go back to the beginning of how this all started.

~~~

I watched Dr Julien fix the falcon. His hands putting ever piece into place. I couldn't help but admire the intricate design that makes his inventions work. "Every cog, every gear is important" The old man told me and Lloyd as he placed another piece back into place.

The falcon's eyes glowed a blue color as it fluttered back to life. "If one piece is missing or out of place, the invention won't work" Dr Julien finished as the falcon looked around curiously. He closed the hatch over its stomach, completing all of the needed repairs.

"Come now little one, time to fly" Dr Julien cooed at the mechanical bird. I watched the bird flap its wings going out for a test flight.

I couldn't take my eyes off the creature. Dr Julien's words striking a cord in my head. "Every piece of a machine is important no matter how small" I thought to myself curiously as I headed up the sandhill to get a better view of the falcon.

Looking out to the ocean I let out a sigh of content. I always enjoyed these peaceful times before heading out to take care of business. Even with everything at stake, moments to breathe help me keep a level head.

"Eat dirt scumbag!" Cole's voice boomed accompanied by a crashing sound. My eyes widened as I saw a rock was hurled at the newly repaired falcon.

Zane burst into action blasting ice intercepting the rock before before it could hit the falcon. The bird fluttered in surprise flying away unscathed.

"That is not a coconut!" Zane exclaimed sighing in relief as the bird landed on his arm.

"Nice reflexes" Cole commented Zane as I watched the interaction.

"Good to have you back old friend" Zane smiled at his bird as I let out a small sigh of content. Zane allowed the falcon to fly off and I headed back to the camp. I went back to assisting Nya with the earth driller.

"Asteria can you pass me some water?" She asked as she lifted the welding mask off her face. Nodding I handed her a water bottle as I listened into Sensei Wu and Lloyd's conversation.

"What if I'm the gear that doesn't work? What if I don't do my part?" Lloyd voiced his worries. I could hear the strain of stress in his tone "What if I can't defeat my father?"

"What if there are no what ifs? The final battle is almost upon us. When that time comes, we will know the answer to what if, whether we like it or not" Sensei Wu finished only making Lloyd frown looking down, processing his uncle's words.

The Wandererजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें