The Mechanic, Again

"Ow, ow, ow—" I exclaimed as Nya tugged on my ear as we walked. "You threw it at Nadine's face? Are you kidding me?" She scolded.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." I apologized, "She couldn't react in time and I didn't realize it would hit her face..."

The others snickered and Nya let go of my ear. Cole spoke, "I have to say. You guys really need to try this pie. I mean, I'm usually a cake guy, but wow. Who knew pie could taste so good?"

Arin sighed, "Yeah, Grab Barg's a great baker. I'm reminded every year I lose the pie baking contest."

"At least you remember to enter the pie baking contest" Sora replied and I notice her eye someone fixing up a mech. I glanced at Nya and she nodded at me.

I walked to Sora and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Hey."

She looked up at me. "I know you forgot to register...But, there's always next year. When that comes around, I can help you register and maybe I can join you."

Sora's eyes widened, "Really?" She asked and I nod. She gave me a smile and we followed after the others.

We found a spot in the crowd and the announcer spoke, "The annual mech master 5,000 race is about to begin! With homemade mechs competing from all around the crossroads who will win the title of greatest racer!"

Sora scoffed, "Me. That should be me." She frowned. Nadine set a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"All mechs on your marks...Get set..."

I noticed last minute a bomb was thrown and it went off, shutting down the competitor's mechs. I saw someone slide down a roof and land on one of the mechs.

"Woah, who's that?" Nadine asked. "Yeah, is he here to repair stuff?" Sora looked at me. I shook my head, "No. That's the Mechanic. Someone we've been dealing with for a while now..."

We watched as the Mechanic got in a mech, taking control over it as it ran off, the other two mechs trailing behind.

Kai yelled, "Ninja-go!" And we all followed. The competitors jumped out of their mechs and Nya jumped on one, shooting her water element off her hands and the Mechanic's mech almost slipped.

Arin landed on the Mechanic's mech, "Hey, we've never met before and I gotta say you're making a very bad first impression."

I watched as they were approaching an arch and Arin quickly shot his grappler, swinging around a pole and crashed in a shop. I winced and flew down to him, "Arin! Are you okay?"

I peaked over the counter and Arin sat up. He looked down and tasted one of the pies, "Wow. These really are delicious."

I snickered a little, "C'mon. Get on my back." I kneel down. "Really?" Arin gasped and he jumped over the counter, climbing on my back and I stood, holding the boy's legs steadily as his hands were holding onto my shoulders.

My wings spread and I flew off after the others as I held the boy steadily. As I flew in the air, I saw Kai, Cole, and Sora's mechs getting destroyed and my eyes widened.

Sora's mech put on a mix of Cole and Kai's mech parts and she went after the Mechanic. Cole and Kai dealt with the other two mechs and I flew past them, following after Sora.

As I followed, the Mechanic's mech swung its arm and hit Sora off the narrow road, falling off the ledge. "Sora!" Arin yelled.

I went to fly after her, but her mech's legs that were from Kai's mech shot fire out the bottom and she landed back on the road.

She saw us, "Asteria? Arin?" She asked. I looked at Arin, "Get on Sora's mech." I said and he nods, jumping onto Sora's mech and she followed the Mechanic. I followed after them as her mech's hand punched the Mechanic's mech. He went flying and crashed into the ground.

Sora stopped in place, "They call you the Mechanic, huh? I am not impressed."

I flew down to him and my left arm turned to scales. I punched the glass and grabbed the Mechanic, glaring at him. "After all this time, you still aren't giving up, huh?" I asked.

He shuddered and I grinned, "You have spirit, I'll give you that, Mechanic. But, I think I know just what to do with you."

~~~

I walked with everyone else as they talked and looked down at Bailey and Riyu who were carrying pies on their heads.

I smiled and reached down, grabbing a pie from Bailey's head and started to eat it.