Golden Curse

Cracking open an eye, I felt a warm fuzzy feeling envelop my entire body. A feeling of security washed over me as I took in the pleasant awakening. My blanket was pulled up high above my mouth.

I don't ever feel this warm unless I had a dream where I caught a glimpse of that man.

When I tried to move I felt a weight holding my body in place.

Tuffs of reddish brown peaked out from the blanket beside me. Moving my hand I pulled the blanket away revealing Jay. He was still asleep, his head rested on my shoulder as he clutched onto me as he slept.

Turning to my right I only just noticed Scout laying down on top of my arm.

"How did this happen?" I grumbled as I stared at the ceiling of my car. Events of last night blurred together and lost to my slumber. Last moment I could remember was laying with Jay listening to the stereo play in the front seat.

The music must have lulled me to sleep. It also didn't help that yesterday must have drained the life out of me. The thought of yesterday made my heart pound hard from the lingering tension and hurtful words exchanged.

I wanted to move but both Jay and Scout unconsciously held me in place. Struggling under their grasps I hoped one of them would wake up and release me.

Grumbling to myself, I focused my energy behind my eyes. My body heated up as I transported myself besides the homemade bed.

Letting out a deep breath I rubbed my aching forehead. Whenever I use that power I end up getting a headache afterwards. I only use it when I absolutely need it, this time being not one of those times. Another note to make is I can't teleport myself far from my original position.

The battle from yesterday did wear me out. I lost myself for a moment and needed to vent. Now here I am paying for it all.

"Good morning Asteria" Pixal said from the front seat as she powered herself up.

Pulling myself together I hid my tired expression. "Good morning Pixal" I whispered and shushed her so we both don't wake Jay, Scout, Indie and Sierra.

When I looked at the android I noticed she had taken off the car battery. To me she looked cute as she hugged it in her lap. It was like she was holding it like a purse or a stuffed animal.

I felt my body flinch when I heard Jay groan in his sleep. Turning my head around I noticed he was now cuddling my pillow. I do know that Jay is the snuggling type since I've lived with him for so long so it isn't surprising.

He wore a soft smile as he buried half of his face into the cushion, almost kissing it.

I smirked at the sight and took a picture with my phone. It was nice to see that he was sleeping so peacefully, considering how horrible yesterday was for him.

It hurt witnessing his heartbreak, it was like I was experiencing first hand. The emotions lingered in my chest but they'll dull with time.

Reaching over I grabbed the blanket and pulled it up higher on his form. This is when I noticed something that caught my interest.

His eyes were still puffy and tearstained. Jay's face still looked tender and stained from tears. I wondered if he cried again while I was sleeping. This certainly wasn't from last night, they looked fresh.

The Wandererजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें