Farewell, For Now

I entered the kitchen as I rubbed my exhausted eyes. I couldn't accept that Zane was just gone like that...

As I entered the kitchen, I saw the others. I walked over "Hey...How are you guys holding up?"

Cole sighed "Not well...It's just so difficult to accept he's gone."

Lloyd frowned "Me too."

My brother sighed "We all do. It just doesn't feel real."

"Zane's alive!"

We all turned as Wu entered the room, we all started to ask questions about where he was and how it was possible.

"Quiet, all of you. Listen" Wu said and we quieted down. "I spoke to Aspheera at Kryptarium prison. She didn't destroy Zane. She banished him to a distant realm."

Kai exclaimed "What are we waiting for? We gotta go after him!"

"Yeah, what realm?" Lloyd asks his uncle.

Wu's eyes narrowed "The Never-Realm."

Lloyd tilted his head "What?"

"The Never-Realm?" Nya asks. Cole shrugged "I've never heard of it."

I spoke "I read about it before. From the books that I read, it is the most distant and remote of all realms."

Master Wu nods "That is correct. My father told me of all the realms of creation, it was the one I should never visit. He told me it was a cold and dangerous place. He forbade it."

"Um, forbade, as in absolutely never ever?" My brother asks. I sighed.

"Why?" Kai inquired. "Yeah, what's wrong with it?" The earth ninja chimed in.

Wu shook his head "I don't know. He went there only once, and said he nearly couldn't find his way home. He said it was unlike the other realms. He warned me that others would not be as fortunate."

He walked away as we followed, all of us arriving at his room. "Well that's just great. Creepy and vague" my brother sighed.

We entered the room as Wu grabbed his staff "I will use Aspheera's staff to find Zane." He opened the cupboard and pulled out a box. "It banished him there. It will work for me too. Once I have found him, I will use the Traveler's Tea to bring us both home."

"You mean all eight of us." Lloyd glared. "Because we're going with you."

"Yeah!" The earth ninja said.

"Absolutely not." Wu retorted. "I cannot allow it. What happened to him is my fault and mine alone. It is my responsibility."

I frowned at my Sensei's words.

"Hey no way!" The fire ninja retorted. "We're not sitting this one out" Cole said.

"Enough!" Wu scolded. "I will risk no other lives. My foolishness has already caused enough damage. My decision is final."

The others looked at eachother and I noticed the look on Lloyd's face. My eyes narrowed.

"Okay. We understand, Master. But this feels a little rushed" he said, I was trying to gesture to the bean sprout to not say anything else but he didn't listen.