Captured

I was back human. I sat up while I looked down at my dark skinned hands.

I was deep in thought. I need to try and control this a bit better so it doesn't go out of control and I hurt someone.

"The sun is up, we must go." I heard Faith said and I looked over, seeing Faith putting the fire out. Jay groaned "Whatever happened to breakfast being the most important meal?" He asked, I stood up and stretched.

"We're getting closer to the Firstborne's nest. We'll eat when the son of the Spinjitzu Master has the Dragon Armor, and we are all in Ninjigo" Faith explained.

"It's Ninjago..." I said. Kai sighed "To be back home in a real bed..." he said, "Mm, and real food." Jay said. "And cake. Why did I ever give up cake?" Cole said, I laughed a bit as I Wu was groggily waking up.

"What is this...cake?" Faith asked "Imagine all that is good. Baked until it's warm and moist, then add a sweet, sugary frosting. That's cake" Cole explained. "You sound excited. But are you ready for what lies ahead?" Faith asked "You explained that the Firstbourne is awaiting the return of the first Spinjitzu Master. Being reunited with his son would be a good thing" Zane said.

"And what if it is not? Coming face to face with a Dragon is one thing, but facing the mother of all Dragons is a task you cannot fail. Our chains are our only means of survival in this realm...plus Asteria too, she could help us stay away from those Hunters." Faith said "Guess so." I said.

"Here, let me see you chain that rock." Faith said and gave the chain tool to Kai and gestured to the spiked rock nearby. "Alright then. Watch and learn, guys." Kai said and pointed to chain tool at the rock "Pff...he's gonna fail." I whispered to Jay and he giggled quietly.

Kai shot the chain tool but went flying back at the rock wall and the chain wrapped around Jay "Wah!?" He exclaimed and fell.

I laughed "Nice job, you caught your boyfriend!"

Both Kai and Jay's faces went red. "Asteria!"

I set my palm out and Cole high-fived it, I smirked.

Kai pressed a button and the chain unwrapped from Jay. "It was harder than it looks!" Kai said, I grabbed a chain tool. "Let's start training on it, then." I told the others.

~~~

We stood at different places away from the rock. "Ok, the first to wrap their chain around that rock wins" Kai said, I held the chain tool and shot it but it fell to the ground with the others.

Zane shot his and it wrapped around the rock "Uh..." Kai muttered. "Did I win?" Zane asked "I thought you were the judge" Jay said, "Oh. Very well" Zane said and pressed a button as the chain came back to him and he walked to Faith and Wu. I looked over at Wu.

"Why don't you give it a shot?" I asked and shot my chain tool, it wrapped around the rock. "Oh, come on!" Jay exclaimed. "Uh, sure.." Wu said as Faith handed him a chain tool and he shot it but it didn't go very far...the others chuckled a bit.

~~~

I watched Wu and the others trying to shoot the chains around the rock, he got upset and he threw his chain tool to the ground, walking away. "...I got this, you guys continue." I told everyone and went after Wu, I came to him and sat beside him.

"You give up too quickly you know, you should be more confident." I told him, he looked at me.

I sighed "I kept this a secret from everyone else, but...when I thought I couldn't find my family, I gave up. But after searching for years, I found them after my memories came back..." I said and smiled.

He glanced at me "Really...?"

I nod and set a hand on his shoulder "What I'm trying to say is...Don't give up so easily." I replied and Wu nods "Okay. Thank you, Asteria."

~~~

We were somewhere in the desert "Hm...to get to the Dragon Armor, we need first to get past this mountain" Faith said as we looked up at the mountain. "Why don't-" I started but heard a helicopter noise, I glanced up seeing the hunters.

"We were followed!" Faith said and everyone got in their Destiny's Wing, I transformed into my Dragon form quickly. The others drove off and I flew in the air, following them. I looked behind me and shot a fire ball at the helicopter, it caught on fire and crashed to the ground.

"Hah! Take that, hunter!" I roared and continued to follow the others, as the others went through a tunnel, I didn't notice at first and tried to stop myself. went through a tunnel to get away from the hunters but they followed.

"Aah, not good, not good!!" I screamed. I crashed into the tunnel and fell on my back. "Uhg.." I groaned and saw hunters approaching. I quickly got up and flew in the air, going around the tunnel.

I saw the others ahead but more hunters drove out of the tunnel. I flew down to the others as I followed, flying through the air. "Ugh, we can't outrun them...we need to stop the Dieselnaut!" Faith said "Or we can take it!" Cole said I flew upwards and grabbed the hunters who controlled the Dieselnaut, I flew to Wu and took him by my front claws.

"Aah!" He exclaimed and I flew over to the Dieselnaut, setting him down against it, the others got on the Dieselnaut as well.

I saw the hunters shot chains at the Dieselnaut, I flew over quickly and slashed the chains off, I heard a scream and looked.

Faith was being taken by a hunter in the air as the Dieselnaut was separated in half. I growled and flew up to Faith and the hunter, I slashed the chain open and hit the hunter with my tail.

I grabbed Faith quickly and gently threw her to the other half of the Dieselnaut where the others were.

I felt chains around me and looked, I roared and tried to shoot lighting at the hunters but failed. Chains wrapped around my wings and I crashed to the ground, my legs trapped as well. "ASTERIA!" The others called for me, I grunted sadly as my eyes closed.

~~~

Author's Edit: Oct 17, 2023

~~~