The Gift

The Chief stepped forward "Lock them up. All but one."

"The gift."

"Which one?" One of the Keepers asked and approached us. I gently moved the spear he had away.

"Is that really necessary?" I sighed and let go as I stood straight. "You don't need to go poking us around like we're some kind of slaves." I growled.

I sighed "Why don't we start over?" I turned to the chief "My name is Asteria. It's nice to meet you."

The chief stared me down and then spoke. "This one."

"..Uh...What?" I asked and I started to be pushed away. Nya spoke "No wait! Where are you taking her?"

"Asteria!" Jay called as I was being pushed away, the Keepers leading me somewhere.

~~~

I paced back and forth anxiously as I fiddled with my hands, I was in some sort of room. The door opened and I looked over. A Keeper stood there but...With two heads.

"Food?"

"Drink?"

"Canape?"

The Keeper approached and pushed the canapé into me. I caught it but fell on the chair "Uhm...Thanks?"

The top head smiled "We brought some food."

"Just for you."

"Gift of Asteria."

I sighed "I have a few questions first...Where are my friends? Are they safe?"

"Friends are safe and protected" the bottom head spoke and I sighed "Thank the spinjitzu master...That's great. Also, thanks for the food."

I smiled and started to eat as I talked with the Keeper, getting to know both of them more.

~~~

I was sitting on the palanquin while being carried around by four Keepers. My hands were tied and I was trying to get them free.

"Asteria!" I heard Nya's voice and looked. "Nya! Oh, I'm so glad all of you are okay..."

Lloyd spoke as he was hung upside down on a pole. "Where are they taking you?"

I shrugged "No idea. They keep calling me Gift of Asteria and giving me things..."

The four Keepers set me on a raft. Misako called to me "I don't think they want to give you anything Asteria. I think you're the gift."

I looked back at her "How could I be a gift?"

Kai scoffed "Yeah. Who would want Asteria?"

Nya glared "Um, Me."

I chuckled lightly "Thanks Nya" I called to her and then heard the chief start to talk.

"Keepers! Hear me! Long before time had a name, we were charged with protecting this world from the Wrath of Wojira."

"For countless generations, we have fulfilled our duty as the First Spinjitzu Master tasked us. Now, for reasons we know not, Wojira awakens. Wojira rises."