Home

I walked in the house after Nadine and I hung out with Skales, Selma and Junior at the tomb.

She went to her room and I frowned. Neither of us have recovered from Nya leaving us a year ago.

As I entered the kitchen, I grabbed some water but paused. I stared into my reflection. I wasn't doing so well.

My eyes were tired. I didn't feel like myself. But I had to keep going for Nadine, to keep her safe and loved...

I heard a knock at the front door and my head perked up. I set my water cup down and walked to the door, opening it.

My eyes widened when I saw my friends there. "What...Guys? What are you doing here?" I ask out of curiosity.

My brother's eyes widened from seeing my appearance "We're getting the team back together. But...What happened to you Asteria?"

Cole nods "Yeah. You look so tired..."

I looked down as I wrapped my arms around myself "I...I haven't been doing so well."

"I keep having the same dream of Nya merging with the ocean...I try to change what happened. It should've been me..."

Kai put a hand on my shoulder "Asteria no. Don't think that..."

I looked away "I should've at least helped. I promised you that I would help protect her. And now look what happened...She's gone."

Zane reassured calmly "Asteria, your grief is impairing your judgment...You should return to the monastery."

I shook my head "No. I can't..."

"Not after everything that happened..."

Cole chimed in "Asteria, the people of Ninjago need us. Somewhere out there, right now, a villain is plotting something with a ton of vengstone and we gotta stop them!"

"You guys can do perfectly fine without me" I replied and looked away "Even before I became a ninja, apart of the team...I wasn't needed."

Lloyd took my hands "Asteria...Please. I'm begging you..."

"Mom...?"

I flinched and turned, seeing Nadine. I walked over and picked her up "Hey. What are you doing out here?" I ask.

She looked away "I kind of heard the conversation...Are we going to help the team? Are you joining back?"

I paused and looked at the others. I sighed and looked at Nadine.

"Yes. Yes I will."

~~~

We were in the monastery basement, facing the computer.

"How could anyone be moving that much vengstone across the city?" Cole asked. "Not by air, it would be detected by local air traffic control. Underground perhaps?"

I shook my head "No. The Serpentine say nothing is traveling through the unused subway tunnels. I would know too, I was just there."