King Of Snakes

Later that night my body was restless refusing the comfort of the long slumber of sleep. Deciding to head out for a walk I sat outside on the upper deck of the Bounty.

The large flying red ship was perched atop a mountain. Looking out to the cloud covered horizon illuminated by the moon I breathed slowly as peace settled in the cool breeze that grazed my skin.

I had left my black mask back in my shared room with Lloyd. With it uncovered I was able to breathe easy when alone.

"What are you doing out here so late Asteria? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Nya questioned walking up from out of nowhere.

I jumped slightly as she sat down next to me rubbing her sleepy eyes. "I could say the same for you" I tilted my head at her.

"I could hear Kai snoring all the way across the hall. And I was pretty tired from working on my Samurai suit" she explained and yawned. I nodded in understanding.

"Understandable, it is nice out tonight" I stated turning back to the view above me.

"Yeah I guess so, I haven't noticed before..." Nya muttered looking up at the stars with a small smile.

"I like the nighttime it calms me" I explained my voice lowering to a soothing tone.

"I can see why" she said nodding in agreement staring up at the sky above us both.

Silence drifted between us both. It wasn't uncomfortable, but rather we truly had nothing to talk about. I felt a weight on my left arm and looked, Nya had leaned against my arm while wrapping her own around it.

I smiled softly as I let her, not minding it. She started to slowly fall asleep until there was a familiar voice.

"Asteria? Nya?" We perked up hearing Lloyd's voice. The boy slowly walked towards us both whilst carrying a blanket and his little dolphin plushie.

"What are you doing up?" Nya asked the small boy who sat right in between us both.

"I had a nightmare and got worried when Asteria wasn't there..." He whined quietly rubbing a tear from his eye as his hand shook.

Wrapping an arm around his small body I shushed him softly as he leaned on my shoulder.

"You're alright Lloyd, it is just your mind playing tricks on you with your own fears" I hummed grabbing his blanket and wrapped it around him.

"In my dream you left me all alone to go somewhere" he whimpered "I don't know where but it was because you didn't want to be here anymore..."

"You're not gonna be alone anymore Lloyd" I reassured rubbing circles into his back.

"Yeah, you're apart of the team too now" Nya added in and smiled. "You're not alone anymore."

I started humming a tune lulling the boy to sleep. His eyes fluttered closing softly breathing in my arms.

"Sweet child" I hummed softly gazing at the boy's face. I moved the stray hairs out of his face thinking of how innocent he was. So much in this world he doesn't know.