Story Of The Two Blades

I was forced to carry vengstone on my back. I stopped for a second but a skeleton whipped at me. I growled and roared at it as it continued to whip at me.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Cole shouted and threw his pickaxe. It knocked the whip out of the skeletons hand but it took a whip from a different skeleton.

It started to approach the others.

I quickly ran in front of the skeleton and roared at it, keeping the skeleton and its friends away. The skeleton yelled and cracked the whip at me.

~~~

I lied down next to the cage my friends were in while my wings were tied with rope.

"Here. Murt bring food" I heard and looked over, seeing a Munce give the others food.

Lloyd took it and looked at the questionable food. He looked at Murt "Thanks Murt."

A Geckle spoke "Don't trust Munce bearing gifts!"

Murt glared "Don't trust Geckle blade stealer!"

Lloyd set his food down "Guys come on! Why do you hate eachother so much?"

"Yeah, I wanna know about this blade stealer thing" Cole chimed in. "What exactly happened between you?"

"Yes. I, too, am curious" Zane said. "Please explain the origin of your mutual mistrust."

The Geckle sighed as it turned to everyone "Very well."

I silently listened.

"I will tell you of the Two Blades. One was the Ivory Blade of Deliverance. The other was the Shadow Blade of Deliverance. They belonged to a mighty warrior named Gilly."

"Milly." Murt interrupted.

"Not Milly, you fool!" The Geckle shouted. "Gilly!"

"Milly."

I softly growled at the two, urging the Geckle to continue the story.

They stopped arguing and the Geckle continued.

"The warrior came to our mountain many, many years ago. In those days, Geckles and Munce lived in fear, for there was a terrible Dragon in the heart of the mountain."

"Mief Bringer."

"Grief-Bringer! Grief-Bringer!"

Cole groaned "Oh boy. Here we go again."

The Geckle continued.

"For many days and nights, Gilly battled Grief Bringer. In the end, Gilly won. Geckles and Munce were safe again. Gilly returned to the surface."

"But before she went, she gave us a parting gift. One was given to the noble Geckles. The other was given to the stinking traitorous Munce."

Murt growled at the Geckle as it continued.

"A gift to help us, if ever another evil should return to our mountain."